DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote to Mobile Connection very pot luck.

charliej

Reactions
While I can get the USB to USB C (Samsung 9+ ) to work nearly every time the connection from the micro port is really difficult. 7 out of 10 it just says charging - 2 out of 10 it dies nothing 1 out of 10 connects to GO4.
Would it be the cable? I have tried different ones or is it my start up procedure. I am using my old Spark procedure.
Turn on RC
Turn on Mavic
Connect Mobile
Its really frustrating that I have to fiddle around to get a connection before I can fly?
Any thoughts?

What have you tried so far?

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?

What Go app version are you using?

Any modification?
(if so what)

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)

Do you have the usb port with anything in it whan you use the micro USB?

I have heard others say you can only use one at a time.

If you’re talking about the cables that are supplied by DJI most of us have binned them and bought a full size USB A to connect to the bottom usb socket on the remote and(for you) a usb c to connect to the phone. I only use the micro usb on the side of the remote to charge the remotes battery. Take care with the micro usb port it is fragile and easily broken.

Reactions: Bobvt
If you’re talking about the cables that are supplied by DJI most of us have binned them and bought a full size USB A to connect to the bottom usb socket on the remote and(for you) a usb c to connect to the phone. I only use the micro usb on the side of the remote to charge the remotes battery. Take care with the micro usb port it is fragile and easily broken.

Thanks. just bought a new micro to usb c and works perfectly! Hower I do think the USB A better option and clearly a must when using a mobile holder.

You can get cables with magnetic connections that you can leave in the end in the micro USB port and use the magnetic connection for disconnecting from the power source. This reduces the wear on the remote port. I’ve used one of these for the last year without incident. It’s worth the cost of these magnetic connectors as it is less than the cost of repair or replacing the remote.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu