DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remove Before Flight

Boog0822

Reactions
Since I forgot to take the gimbal clamp off the first time I powered on my MP (and almost forgot the 2nd time too) I decided to make sure I don't forget again and possibly damage the gimbal motor. I drilled a small hole in the outside of the gimbal clamp and tied a "Remove Before Flight" tag to the clamp with fishing line. It fits nicely with the plastic dome over it and dangles below the MP. Problem solved. Lol...
80f44fab90cd172ee8a0d129a1788f84.jpg
d45e1025d824cb6fc216b679b7f68061.jpg
01c36a47bda0837be979b7164822fcfe.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using MavicPilots mobile app

At last, an actual use for one of these tags!

What if you're mid-flight and like "hmmm, what's that red tag hanging off the Mavic?..... oh shiii....." :D

Gee, guys. Getting a Mavic ready for flight isn't quite like prepping an F-22 or F-35 for flight. Just put on the propellors and remove two separate pieces of clear plastic around the camera (the camera cover and the gimbal lock). Is it really that hard to remember all that?

Reactions: Youser and will184
I've just stuck some red electrical tape onto the gimbal guard, as soon as I take the dome off I see it. I have to admit I hate this gimbal guard, it's 'fiddly' to get it on in the first place!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Did the same thing, bought one of those little flags at Reno Air Races back last September and it sat in the drawer ever since because I couldn’t think of a single use for it - until I bought the Mavic and pretty much forgot to remove the gimbal lock every time I turned it on.
No more Thumbswayup

Reactions: paulmike3
They need to make one that says "Idiot AlertI" I would buy it for sure (not that I ever forget to remove mine...:rolleyes:)! -CF

Before I bought my Mavic Pro, I did a lot of reading on here. When I received my Mavic Pro the only thought going through my head was 'Remove gimbal clamp, Remove gimbal clamp, Remove gimbal clamp, Remove gimbal clamp, Remove gimbal clamp'. Haven't forgotten to do so once.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13