DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Renaming plane name in DJI Go 4

Tasos GR

Reactions
Hi all,
I know that you can rename the drone in the app.
But this apparently does not really rename it. Here is why I say this.
I got yesterday a M2P used.
It had the name of "XXXX". I changed this in the app, and it appears to have changed there.
However, when I upload the flight data to the Airdata site, it still has the old name.
Apparently the name change is only in the app and not actually in the data.
Anyone can help?

Try this:

"...I just did it with a mavic i bought second hand. Had to delete the flight logs under the old name, by swiping left on them, then exited the DJI GO app and power cycled the drone, then my new flight logs started being recorded under the new name."

Try this:

"...I just did it with a mavic i bought second hand. Had to delete the flight logs under the old name, by swiping left on them, then exited the DJI GO app and power cycled the drone, then my new flight logs started being recorded under the new name."
Try this:

Thank you for your reply
there are no flight logs under the old name, I log off from the old account and login to mine

OK, try to delete local cache and synchronizing again, then the name should be displayed correctly. If not, I'm out, sorry.

Edit: Btw, it was also suggested to do the name change with the iOS device, not Android... I don't know which one you're using, so... If it is Android, apparently iOS should be able to do it

OK, try to delete local cache and synchronizing again, then the name should be displayed correctly. If not, I'm out, sorry.

Edit: Btw, it was also suggested to do the name change with the iOS device, not Android... I don't know which one you're using, so... If it is Android, apparently iOS should be able to do it

I cleared local cache, take off, synchronizing again and again in Airdata shows the new flight with the old plane name :(
I am using DJI Smart Controller so no option for iOs device
Thank you anyway

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northwolf88