DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reno, Carson City & Lake Tahoe NV, meetup ?

Live in Fernley, just learning on a MA . Have had it about a month and haven't lost or crashed it yet to my surprise. Would not mind getting with someone local to fly and learn

Im in Carson City and if anyone wants to fly and setup a meetup let me know. I fly lots and usually head to Lake Tahoe and other areas of interest. Just returned from Alaska and the landscape was great for drone pictures and video!

Wish I had seen this posting sooner.

Did crash my MA, DJI is sending me another one. supposed to be here tuesday, Nov. 13. My own stupid fault. So anytime after that message me.

Did crash my MA, DJI is sending me another one. supposed to be here tuesday, Nov. 13. My own stupid fault. So anytime after that message me.
Sorry to hear about that.
It happens. I practiced quite a bit in wide open areas first when I was learning and now can fly in tight spaces with confidence. Plus I have Statefarm Insurance so that covers me if anything happens. 5 Bucks a month is nothing to pay for full replacement!

Im open as far as times go.

The weekend of the 21st. there may still be snow up there. I'm also interested in heading up there mind if I meet up with you guy's ? I flew my Phantom around that time in 2014
What a great vid! I lived in Incline Village for 23 years, and I flew fixed wing aircraft over that whole area for years.

Is there any semi-organized drone activities in Northern Nevada? I live just south of Carson City now, in Clear Creek Canyon.

There's a place in Gardnerville called the "Overland Restaurant and Pub". I have dinner there every Saturday at 4 PM. I've started a drone lending library, initially for kids, but it includes big kids (like me!). The 1st Saturday of the month is when the loaned drones are due back, and others are loaned out. Starting next month (April 2nd), I'm going to go to Heritage Park behind the Overland at 3 PM, and do some drone flying before dinner. I've already talked to the Douglas County Parks and Recreation Department, and they confirmed that there are no restrictions on flying drones from the park.

If any of you are interested let me know, or just show up on any given Saturday. Just ask for Terry, everybody there knows me.

I'd love to get together with other droners!

:cool:

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000