DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replace gimbal signal cable connector, what type is it?

danielf

Reactions
I need to replace a gimbal signal connector (on the motor driver board). But I can't find out what kind of connector it is.
Does anyone know what type the connector is? Looks like it's the same for both motor boards (one connected to the flat wire, the other to the black camera/gimbal cable).

I believe it is a 15 pin FPC connector, but I can't find anything that looks like it.

gimbal connector roll pitch board.png

The flat cable connector looks like it's the same:

gimbal connector yaw board.png

If you did not break it apart can you PLEASE explain how you were able to dismantle the gimbal assembly?
Including how you got the stator out of the rotor, the bearing out of its housing and, if you managed to do it, how you separated shafts from their bearings.

The photos are not of my drone. I have only detached the gimbal from the drone and peeled of the plastic covering the connector:
1649177659263.png

From what I have seen on YouTube, all parts of the gimbal housing comes loose if your persistent and patient enough. This video show how to disassemble the camera module, might be of some help:

So I kind of solved the problem. Got a mobile repair shop to switch out the connector on the board and the cable, so they are connected.

1649427240093.png

I was mistaken about the plug in the first post, it's not the one connected to the black cable, it's the one on the other side. This connects to the roll and pitch motor boards via a short FPC cable.

I did some measurements of the DJI Mini 2 gimbal FPC connector for future reference, if someone would happen to need this. This is on the yaw motor board, should be the same on the roll and pitch boards (the one connecting the black cable is different).

1649428044646.png

Edit:
Measurements are done with an electronic caliper, but are subject to deviations.
Here is a picture with a meter stick (lines are mm) if you need to estimate some other measurements:

_SAM3685 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: RainyShadow
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair