DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replace RC cable slider

markyramone62

Reactions
Attempting to fit the USB-C cable slider to the Mavic 2 Zoom remote control but it won't click in to place (it did quite easily on my Mavic Pro). It feels that if I force it any further something will break. I've just about embedded the slider in to my thumb! Is there a trick to this? Do I even need the slider?
Thank you, Mark.

Yes, take the slider out and let the connector have free range. It is much easier to connect it this way. Happy flying!

Yeah the first thing I do when I open a new DJI drone is remove the slider. It’s not needed and gets in the way when you want to use a tablet.

Attempting to fit the USB-C cable slider to the Mavic 2 Zoom remote control but it won't click in to place (it did quite easily on my Mavic Pro). It feels that if I force it any further something will break. I've just about embedded the slider in to my thumb! Is there a trick to this? Do I even need the slider?
Thank you, Mark.
I have the same problem. Brand new Mavic 2 Zoom. The iPhone and micro USB click in without problems. The USB-C has given me sore thumbs as I have pressed with full force without getting it into place. It would be nice to try with it inserted before letting it roam free. :)

Avoid all of it by using the USB at the bottom of the RC. It’ll save on wear and tear on the charge port.
I use a magnetic cord to charge, USB to connect to iPad Mini4.

15081878389197dd5c185113a7598413.jpg

c651008784c0c24c3f7f2674abe3ddfb.jpg

Avoid all of it by using the USB at the bottom of the RC. It’ll save on wear and tear on the charge port.
I use a magnetic cord to charge, USB to connect to iPad Mini4.
That looks like an awesome solution, MichiganMavic! I haven't even realized the possibility of using an iPad or tablet as a display. How does your setup look when the iPad is connected? Does it fit with the clamps?

That looks like an awesome solution, MichiganMavic! I haven't even realized the possibility of using an iPad or tablet as a display. How does your setup look when the iPad is connected? Does it fit with the clamps?

There are many threads on both the magnetic cords and iPad/tablet for display use.
The Mini4 fits perfectly in the arms, but you have to remove the cord clip in the left arm.

d9c18b1b7ef5e9a192b3670c960adf96.jpg

facbdcf1f93a0bda843bd7ff0da146e4.jpg

I have the same problem. Brand new Mavic 2 Zoom. The iPhone and micro USB click in without problems. The USB-C has given me sore thumbs as I have pressed with full force without getting it into place. It would be nice to try with it inserted before letting it roam free. :)

Since you are new to the Mavic, you will find a number of threads on using a variety of tablets and to use many of them, there are now about a million (only a slight exaggeration) tablet mounts to chose from. They hold tablets above the controller's screen and below or hid it. And I've sprung for the Smart Controller which replaces a phone or tablet and is bright and requires no cords/cables. Lots of options. I also ditched that little slider thingie when I was using the regular controller - it was a hindrance.

Since you are new to the Mavic, you will find a number of threads on using a variety of tablets and to use many of them, there are now about a million (only a slight exaggeration) tablet mounts to chose from. They hold tablets above the controller's screen and below or hid it. And I've sprung for the Smart Controller which replaces a phone or tablet and is bright and requires no cords/cables. Lots of options. I also ditched that little slider thingie when I was using the regular controller - it was a hindrance.
Not so many to choose from here in Sweden it seems. I'll have to choose carefully and then order from AliExpress or similar. I'll be sure to check it out though! Seems awesome - and I have several tablets to choose from. :)

Reactions: ff22

Cool!

If anyone is interested, I contacted DJI support just to see what they had to say about the slider for USB-C, and they said they would send me a new one after I sent them a nice video of how it would not fit on the controller. :) It seems from the answers I have gotten that I don't really need the slider, but I should have one that works anyway - I did pay for it after all.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916