DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replace RC on a Mavic mini

singerg

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My RC places the phone on the front of the RC, making impossible to mount a sun shade (except one type). Can I replace the RC with a different model which will hold the cellphone in the back, as most RC do ? (without spending a ton of money...)

My RC places the phone on the front of the RC, making impossible to mount a sun shade (except one type). Can I replace the RC with a different model which will hold the cellphone in the back, as most RC do ? (without spending a ton of money...)
Instead of looking for a different controller (I don't know of any for the Mini 1/SE anyway), why not use a tablet mount?

I dont see what difference that would make. A tablet mount still would mount in front of the RC, except that it will require a larger mount and a larger sun shade.

Most of the older or smaller DJI drones only work with their standard controller. If you've got a Mavic Mini, Mavic Air, Mavic pro, etc then you're stuck with the controller you have - they're not interchangeable. Some of the newer drones can use their own controller or the smart controller instead (Mini 2, Pro 2, Air 2 etc)

Most tablet and phone mounts put the screen in front of the sticks, and therefore much easier to fit a sunshade, as the upper edge and sides of the screen don't have the bulky controller in the way. There are also a few options that fit on your phone while it is clipped into the controller. Here are a few random finds from a quick search:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka