DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replaceable Gimbal and camera?

Red_Raven

Reactions
Hi guys.
I haven't been around for awhile and just started looking at mavic 2 options.

If I'd buy mavic2pro could I buy a gimbal and zoom camera to mix in when I need it?

And hey. Since your here... Our salty mavic is still flying.... Remember when the community told us we were nuts to even try. [emoji23]

Wow! Where have you been? Havent seen you on the forum for a long time.

I think you can do exchange gimbals, because you know how to repair drones. An average owner can probably do it too, but many dont want to run the risk of breaking anything.

Reactions: mereflyer
I hate the fact that humans didn't evolve enough yet to modulize gadgets... Stupit evolution...
[emoji23]
Wow! Where have you been? Havent seen you on the forum for a long time.

I think you can do exchange gimbals, because you know how to repair drones. An average owner can probably do it too, but many dont want to run the risk of breaking anything.

Reactions: Former Member
I have the Zoom camera only if interested. I’ve been hanging onto it for a backup. But figure I’d sell it. Let me know if you need any info

Is this something you would do between flights regularly if needed, or is this too much work for such?
operation is simple enough if you careful but it is not very convenient. most concern i have is with the connector type they used to connect the gimbal cord, it will not like too many re-attachments. and if it gets loose from too much movement - you will pretty much have to swap out a board. i swapped mine out to try it and then returned everything back - i want to have adjustable aperture and 10bit color. but, as a spare - it is handy to have. but, it is not a hot swap.
see for yourself.

price of the zoom gimbal in US is around $430-$460, if you want to gamble with alibaba - $252.

I hate the fact that humans didn't evolve enough yet to modulize gadgets... Stupit evolution...
[emoji23]

What are you talking about - my hip replacement was modular. But it is not SELF-service! o_O As a matter of fact, the surgeon enjoyed it so much that he went in and replaced it again. Just like swapping the zoom to pro to zoom to pro and back yet another time!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d