DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replaced two motor arms on my MPP. Now, no sound on startup, no LED nav lights, and controller kinda connects!

mk245

Reactions
I just got done replacing two of my mavic motors, went ahead and replaced the arms by soldering them to the board.

I finished, put the drone back together, and now I get nothing on startup.

The drone does power on. The camera responds and goes through its motions, and the fan kicks on after a minute to handle the CPU heat.

What DOESN'T happen is that the motors don't do the signature startup twitch, the NAV lights don't turn on at all, and I don't get the usual DOO-DOO-DOO boot sound.

The controller is continually trying to connect. I managed to get it to work after using the binding method, but it's not perfect, joysticks don't cause any apparent movement and takeoff fails every time.

Help!

Problem? See above

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Almost everything I can. Now the camera only shows black when connected, I had an image a little while ago. Have tried connecting to Assistant and it kicks itself off when trying to restore to factory defaults or calibrate.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Google Pixel 2 XL

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest for controller and aircraft

What Go app version are you using? Latest go 4

Any modification?
(if so what) no

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) will do shortly

Last edited:
Curious... what was the problem such that you had to replace the arms?

Reactions: sharkface
Actually was a cosmetic thing. Cowling on rear arm cracked and some misc scrapes and scratches on another from where my nephew got a hold of it.
It would really help to have photos of what you attempted to do and a better explanation of what you were soldering. From the meager explanation so far, I would venture a guess that there is heat damage to components from what you were soldering.

I just got done replacing two of my mavic motors, went ahead and replaced the arms by soldering them to the board.

I finished, put the drone back together, and now I get nothing on startup.

The drone does power on. The camera responds and goes through its motions, and the fan kicks on after a minute to handle the CPU heat.

What DOESN'T happen is that the motors don't do the signature startup twitch, the NAV lights don't turn on at all, and I don't get the usual DOO-DOO-DOO boot sound.

The controller is continually trying to connect. I managed to get it to work after using the binding method, but it's not perfect, joysticks don't cause any apparent movement and takeoff fails every time.

Help!

Problem? See above

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Almost everything I can. Now the camera only shows black when connected, I had an image a little while ago. Have tried connecting to Assistant and it kicks itself off when trying to restore to factory defaults or calibrate.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Google Pixel 2 XL

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest for controller and aircraft

What Go app version are you using? Latest go 4

Any modification?
(if so what) no

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) will do shortly
somethings not hooked up correctly? wire crossed . just a sad situation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian