DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacement cable not working

Hushpuppy

Reactions
Hi Friends, I had recently got a mount for my phone. so had to get an longer cable to connect it. I ordered this cable which arrived today. But to my disappointment it did not worked. I added my mount to the controller. connected the phone (One Plus 5) using the new cable and turned it on. But my phone did not recognize the controller and didn't launch the app. I replaced the cable with the original DJI and it worked just fine. Now I have a mount but cannot use it. Can anyone point me to longer(1Feet) Replacement cables?

P.S I also tried using USB2.0 port in the middle of the controller with no success...

Thank you for all the help...!!
HushPuppy

Te obvious thing to point out is the bottom USB won't work if you have the supplied short cable plugged in the side.
You do need a good quality data cable the one supplied with phone should be fine though most will find a more suitable short one.
Anker are a good choice.

We gotta know what mount you got. I got the Stent mount and this worked perfectly for me. 8" Iseason iPhone Charger,Lightning Cable 3Pack 8in High Speed Nylon Braided iPhone Cable for iPhone... | bidorbuy.co.za Unfortunately, amazon no longer sells it. This is probably not a vendor you necessarily want to use, but look at the product itself and maybe you can find it elsewhere.
I have a neewer mount. Not able to post a link at the moment. But it not an expensive mount.

Te obvious thing to point out is the bottom USB won't work if you have the supplied short cable plugged in the side.
You do need a good quality data cable the one supplied with phone should be fine though most will find a more suitable short one.
Anker are a good choice.
So..i tried using my phones charging cable also with no success. Then assumed that i might have to buy a cable that goes from side of the controller to the phone. Thats when i bought the cables mentioned in the first post..

If you are pluging the cable into the bottom of the romote usb port then you MUST remove the suplied cable from the side port for the bottom USB port to work.

Reactions: iPa64
True that.

If you are pluging the cable into the bottom of the romote usb port then you MUST remove the suplied cable from the side port for the bottom USB port to work.
Thank u..i am gonna try that..but for some reason the new cable didn't wotk either..this one should go from the side of the controller..

Try cable from ANKER, just make sure u get the original product (lots of knock-off product in my area)
They have the 1ft lightning ios cable too
And they are very sturdy

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15