DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

replacement drone defective.

Chris Anthony

Reactions
I had recently sent my Mavic air in for repairs due to a tree throwing limbs at it. And once the received it and assest the damage to be around 350 or so. Anyway upon receiving it back I noticed that it was not the one I sent in the S/N was different. They assured me that this drone was an equivalent to a repaired and flight tested as what I had before. Even though the firmware had not been updated yet. During the update I saw that a bug was fixed from unlinking from controller in Panama. Hmm. Ok Panama but during my first flight after linking controller it took off full speed backwards and fortunately hit a block wall about 50’ away. Did I miss something or has this been an issue of replacing incompatible drones and remotes?

during my first flight after linking controller it took off full speed backwards and fortunately hit a block wall about 50’ away.
Did I miss something or has this been an issue of replacing incompatible drones and remotes?
Since you haven't looked into the incident and it's actual cause, it's a bit of a leap to assume it's related to some flaw in the drone or controller.
Your very brief description of the incident sounds a lot like it might be due to where you launched from.
Looking into the recorded flight data and thinking about potential sources of magnetic interference at the launch spot would be a good idea.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
@Meta4 does the Air have .log and .txt stored like the MP/MPP AND M2? You didn’t ask the OP to upload them is why I ask.
If they do, do the same directions apply?
Edit: sure sounds like the AC was too close to magnetic interference. Classic symptoms.

does the Air have .log and .txt stored like the MP/MPP AND M2?
You didn’t ask the OP to upload them is why I ask.
If they do, do the same directions apply?
It's the app, not the aircraft that records the flight data.
And it's teh same app, so the directions are the same.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msherwood1954