DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacement front landing arm

Jordan

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Had a slight disagreement with a wall. Very minor but one of the legs has a little crack in it and I'd like to replace it. I've tried glueing but it's not really helped.

Any idea where I can get one. It's only the plastic part, you can unscrew and remove the antenna.

ceca08eaed5d756cf05d83aa863c01f1.jpg
bad

121f9235520d08c14d1eeaf791441d15.jpg
normal

Many thanks

Reactions: Khy
Same happened to me.. same leg as well, I got a spare from this forum of a guy called savage drone £20 p&p

Just need to install it when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Same happened to me.. same leg as well, I got a spare from this forum of a guy called savage drone £20 p&p

Just need to install it when it arrives.

Thanks Khy, I've taken it apart to try and glue it so it don't crack anymore and can see its an easy swap. Will get in contact with him thanks.

Thanks Khy, I've taken it apart to try and glue it so it don't crack anymore and can see its an easy swap. Will get in contact with him thanks.

Salvagedrone sorry.. I've not took mine off yet.. easy? Still been flying with it..

Any pictures with it apart?

Salvagedrone sorry.. I've not took mine off yet.. easy? Still been flying with it..

Any pictures with it apart?

No sorry pal but what you need to do is undo the 3 TORX T6 screws and gently lift up on the leg.
The leg has a antenna in it and a single black cable going to this antenna. Its very tight and its glued down with some silicone.
You can gently pry the cable away from the silicone and then remove the silicone holding the antenna in the leg away. You will then be able to slide off the antenna inside the leg. Put the antenna in the new leg and screw it back up.

JB Weld will fix anything!! sandable and paintable but the dried color is almost the Mavic's color.
I've used a little super glue to prevent it from getting any worse but as its brand new today and i'm so annoying with myself I was trying to get a replacement leg.
SalvageDrone has one so I'm going to get that.

Mine was in a couple of days of new as well.. flying in this house. U?

Yes mate straight into the TV... luckily TV hasnt got a mark on it and the only damage to the drone was the leg... and a prop

You guy's are either brave, or adrenaline junkies, I would never fly in my home, too many breakables plus I just don't trust the non-gps stability on take-off. Seems both of you just reinforced my decision for me. :)

It seems amazingly stable indoors it was simply my error of knocking the right stick by accident. But yeh don't bother lol

Wish they would just incorporate the ability to turn off GPS and fly manual. Then I would fly indoors.

You guy's are either brave, or adrenaline junkies, I would never fly in my home, too many breakables plus I just don't trust the non-gps stability on take-off. Seems both of you just reinforced my decision for me.

Flying indoors is no issue, instead of GPS the Mavic uses the vision system (2 cameras pointing down) to keep the Mavic stable. Most indoor crashes are likely pilot error as admitted to. The font obstacle avoidance should stop it from running into things but only if that is turned on and you are moving forward (not sideways or backwards). If you want to fly indoors I would recommend using some prop guards, you can by some for the Mavic here DJI MAVIC PRO PROPELLER GUARD - DJI Filters | GoPro Filters | DJI Accessories | GoPro Accessories, they will help save anything you hit as well as save the Mavic from damage.

Reactions: Jordan
JB Weld will fix anything!! sandable and paintable but the dried color is almost the Mavic's color.

I fixed mine with epoxy, wasn't sure about JB Weld since it's reinforced with steel, was afraid the steel particles would mess with the compass. The epoxy is working but is ugly, may send it in for repair, not sure I want to attempt replacing it myself.

I fixed mine with epoxy, wasn't sure about JB Weld since it's reinforced with steel, was afraid the steel particles would mess with the compass. The epoxy is working but is ugly, may send it in for repair, not sure I want to attempt replacing it myself.

The motors will interfere with the Mavic's compass when folded - using JB Weld on the end of the arm won't have any effect on the compass during flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada