DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacement leg sitting too low, anyone know why?

Reactions
Problem? Replaced the back right leg of the drone and the middle case, the leg is now sitting about a quarter of an inch below the left back leg causing it to be unable to take off.

Was unit in a crash? Yes, it attempted to auto home....through the ceiling....

What have you tried so far? So far I have replaced the middle shell and the back right leg, all motors appear to operate correctly but since the one sits lower than the other it leans back when attempting to take off causing the props to hit the ground and the drone to crash again.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Google Pixel 2

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Newest

What Go app version are you using? Newest

Any modification?
(if so what) Not to the apps, replacement parts were all DJI parts not 3rd party.

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) Nope.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) No sorry.

Reactions: Thomas B
was there a spring that keeps the leg tight against the top stop when it is unfolded did you replace it or use the old one maybe the crash bent it, or it needs to be put under tension during the refitting process

The gap appears to be the same on both sides. I opened it back up and checked the attatchment screws and that seems to have been some of it. They were a bit loose. Its better now but now that back tension screw I think the hole is stripped out and I don't know how to fix that...
I used a new spring for the leg because I wasn't sure what was bent or not.

Have you been flying in the Caribbean? That is where the other pirates hung out! Argggg!

Sorry, could not resist!

Hope you find the cure.

An update to this issue. I have the legs level now but it still wont take off. it tries to but then it just spins in circles on that original leg that was damaged even though I replaced it and recalibrated it.

An update to this issue. I have the legs level now but it still wont take off. it tries to but then it just spins in circles on that original leg that was damaged even though I replaced it and recalibrated it.
Have you got the correct leg on the correct side and also the correct prop on. Remember that two white dot props are diagonally opposed as are the black. It sounds like you have the wrong prop or you have soldered the wires in reverse on the ESC Board. Please double check.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925