DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

replacement parts

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
Anyone recommend a seller or site for replacement mavic air 2 parts. Have a crack near one of the motors on a rear arm after a crash. Feel confident i can do the repair myself . Have seen them on ebay , just worried about not buying genuine parts.

Lots of options on the parts. there is not a huge number of counterfeit ones, mainly on the legs. The arms tend to come as built up units. The issue is there is not a lot of slack to unsolder the wires. You need to open up the unit and unsolder the wires from the ESC board. This is somewhat challenging as the solder used is quite heavy and very high tin/silver content, no lead. So it has to be a hot high wattage iron to get them to loosen up and release the wires. Then you have to feed it out thought the pivot mechanism, which on the front is a piece of cake, the rear ones a lot more challenging, needing access to the pivot cage, which lies under the CPU board.

Ali Express has the best prices and a large selection of vendors selling DJI parts. It is your clothes going out of style waiting for them, more the issue. Shipping times are typically at least a month, give or take a week. Lots of sellers on eBay are actually sellers on Ali Express, just a lot more money, since eBay rakes off 20% on every sale. There is the occasional seller on eBay and Amazon that dismantles drones for parts. The well priced ones on Amazon seem to be shipping in from Neptune if you look closely at the expected delivery times. Of course Amazon has a even higher take than eBay. Reflects on their price as well.

So if your not in an all fired hurry and have better than average soldering skills coupled with a ton of photos, you can replace the leg yourself. Personally I love complex small puzzles that involves several different types of micro screwdrivers and a magnifying hood.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa