DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacing front leg mini 2 se

Leg just flops around.
This is based on dismantling the actual pivot of a Mavic 2 but I think it is equally relevant to the front arm pivot of the Mini 1&2 series.

The spring pivot consists of a cam and spring-loaded-follower all inside a metal cover.
The cover holds everthing in place and keeps the spring under varing amounts of compression. The spring is QUITE strong.
The cover is held in axial-place by a tiny E ring that fits into a groove on a central shaft.
Displace/lose or break that E ring and there is little to hold the cover in place and you might end up with no camming action, i.e. the arm will flop about.
Ditto if the central shaft has broken or become detached from its base.

So, assuming you have actually reinstalled this pivot then I suggest that you remove it and check whether or not the E ring is missing or the shaft broken/loose.
That also assumes that the hole in the arm that the pivot fits into is of the correct size and not stripped.

Some points.
1) If the E ring is lost or the shaft broken etc. REPLACE pivot, do NOT attempt a repair. The pivots are cheap and it is not worth the risk of a repair failing.
2) Suggestions for refitting a working pivot to the drone.
The pivot has a tipping point between spring-open and spring-shut.
Using a pair of pliers etc. grip the base of the pivot with those pliers and slide the old arm onto the pivot. Use the old arm or a second pair of pliers to twist the pivot until you find the tipping point. If you use a second set of pliers take care NOT to crush or damage the metal cover.

Ahh I see you posted that you succeded whilst I was typing the above.

What was the problem ?
Once you find that tipping point leaave the pivot/cover in that position, remove the old arm etc. from the pivot and set the pivot down GENTLEY. I.e DO NOT shock the pivot as it may spring bacl to the open/closed position.
Going to the other arm, find its tipping point and take note of the arm's orientation.
Orientate the replacement arm in the equivalent position and ensure that all the holes in the drone's frsame and arm are correctly lined up.
Once 'there' then 'more or less' drop the pivot through the drone's frame and the arm's hole.

Failure to set the pivot at the tipping point will make refitting the pivot very awkward or even impossible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
negrazo8100