DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replay recorded flight

bikelike

Reactions
Hi, I am fully new to drones. I would like to make footage of me cycling in landscapes. For this I would like to record a flight when not cycling and replay it with me in the frame. Then I don't need to navigate the drone when cycling and I am not restricted to the automatic features, which are limited.

I haven't bought a drone yet, just investigating. Thanks for an answer!

Hi, I am fully new to drones. I would like to make footage of me cycling in landscapes. For this I would like to record a flight when not cycling and replay it with me in the frame. Then I don't need to navigate the drone when cycling and I am not restricted to the automatic features, which are limited.

I haven't bought a drone yet, just investigating. Thanks for an answer!

That’s gonna be super difficult if you don’t have a lot of experience editing video. Honestly you are better off just filiming the real thing. Video isn’t like photos where you can just auto-select something and move it into another photo. With video you’d also need to get the motion and camera angle right and it’s a ton of work.

You’d want to have something like a green screen to do that and key yourself in. it’s gonna be hard to make it look believable.

Active track will work for this I am sure a small long as the terrain is not too hilly - just make sure the height of the drone is above any obstacles when starting the active track

I see, guys. But what the video is showing is too restricted for me. After following me I want to f.e. fly higher and pan over the landscape, even abandoning me out if the image. Those are manual actions, too complicated when riding the bike. That is why it would be great to make the whole movement first without me and then repeat is with me in it, yet doing nothing because it is running an exact copy of what I already have done before. Am I clear now?

Is that possible with a Mavic Air?

It's not about editing, @brett8883

I see, guys. But what the video is showing is too restricted for me. After following me I want to f.e. fly higher and pan over the landscape, even abandoning me out if the image. Those are manual actions, too complicated when riding the bike. That is why it would be great to make the whole movement first without me and then repeat is with me in it, yet doing nothing because it is running an exact copy of what I already have done before. Am I clear now?

Have a friend who's a UAS pilot?

Ok I see what you are saying. What I would do is set up an auto-pilot waypoint mission but it’s still gonna be difficult to get the timing right.

Auto-pilot uses a different flight controller than DJI so it allows actions that wouldn’t normally be possible with DJI Go waypoints. You can set the focus strategy to subject and then operator so the camera will be tracking you while it flys along the pre determined flight path. Then at the spot to designate you can insert a waypoint action and for the action you can set the gimbal to tilt to an absolute angle.

That’s the closest thing I think there is to this because the SDK doesn’t have an API that allows the drone to be in active track while and then switch over to waypoints which is basically what you want to do. In the DJI SDK a waypoint mission can’t focus on a moving target but in Auto-pilot you can.

Here are two examples in real flat terrain - my wife is driving in the car one - active track with a little following, turning etc - real cool feature once you figure out how it works.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuiceThe6One