DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Report from the first test/damage wings

Olle73

Reactions
Hello,

Did my first outdoor test with the Mavic Air and it took like 5 minutes until I crashed. I realised that the Air has problem to see trees when there are no leaves. But I manage to get it down and continued the flight. The rest of the flight until the battery was empty worked smooth and I was able to manoeuvrer the Air according to my intentions.

When I got it back I realised that two of the wings was slightly damaged. So the question is if I should exchange them now for wait? I will, most likely crash I again and since I was able to fly the drone without any problem, it shouldn't be any problem with keeping them? Or is it my lack of experience that makes me believe that I did fly as expected with the damaged wings?

You mean the propellors?
Can I ask why as a first time flier, you were not using propellor guards? Also you must have been in sports mode because the Mavic Air has sensors and can see trees as I’ve tested this myself.

Hello,

Did my first outdoor test with the Mavic Air and it took like 5 minutes until I crashed. I realised that the Air has problem to see trees when there are no leaves. But I manage to get it down and continued the flight. The rest of the flight until the battery was empty worked smooth and I was able to manoeuvrer the Air according to my intentions.

When I got it back I realised that two of the wings was slightly damaged. So the question is if I should exchange them now for wait? I will, most likely crash I again and since I was able to fly the drone without any problem, it shouldn't be any problem with keeping them? Or is it my lack of experience that makes me believe that I did fly as expected with the damaged wings?
I would change them, when they were damaged they probably lost their balance and flying with unbalanced props is hard on the motors and less efficient.

Reactions: projockey
You mean the propellors?

Well, he is essentially correct in calling them "wings" That big spinny thing on top of a helicopter is a wing, not a propeller.

ro·ta·ry wing
noun
  1. an airfoil that rotates in an approximately horizontal plane, providing all or most of the lift in a helicopter or autogiro.
Anywho, back to the OP. Unless the damage is ABSOLUTELY minor, such is a tiny scratch, I would never fly with damaged props. They are cheap enough and the Air is too expensive to risk flying with damaged ones. The fact that you are even asking hints at they are probably too damaged to keep.
If you are a beginner, put those prop guards on and find yourself a nice wide open space to learn. Dont try to fly near or around trees untill you get proficient enough to.

You mean the propellors?
Can I ask why as a first time flier, you were not using propellor guards? Also you must have been in sports mode because the Mavic Air has sensors and can see trees as I’ve tested this myself.

I using the guards and beginner mode, but the drone didn't see the branches, and I guess it was due to the fact that there were no leaves on them.

I would change them, when they were damaged they probably lost their balance and flying with unbalanced props is hard on the motors and less efficient.

I guess you are right. I made a second flight with the damage PROPELLERS and I got a warning about heavy payload. I guess that was due to the broken PROPELLERS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voip10