Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Report on the Goggles RE first use

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
Finally flew with them yesterday even though the weather was dark, dreary and cloudy. Goggles worked well and the wife loved using them. With the jury-rig hookup to the Spark so that someone can use them while I fly, there is definitely latency in the goggles, but fine for people to experience the thrill of flight. Put the gimbal in FPV and sport mode is a kick with the goggles. Range was no problem and could easily send the Spark out and up until it was a pixel in the sky. Resolution was only 720p. Hookup so that someone else can use the goggles while I fly: connected the mini-ipad to the RC via wifi and then used an HDMI adapter on the ipad to mirror the display to the goggles.

I'm anxious to try them with my Mavic Air on a sunny day (even though I can't figure out a way to get simultaneous video on the ipad and goggles) where there should be less latency and a higher resolution? I will record from the goggles when I fly the Mavic Air so you can see what it's like.

You can definitely wear reading glasses with the goggles (there is no focus and since the screens are only 2 inches from your eyes, you may need reading glasses.) I've ordered some focus-fixers. If you wear glasses, provided they are not oversized, you should be able to wear them with the goggles.

I'm looking forward to Ocusync when I finally get the Mavic 2 Zoom towards the end of next year.

Maybe you just need a MP. I don't mean that like, duh, or anything, just that those lesser (cheaper) drones weren't designed with those goggles in mind.. I can literally fly it anywhere with just the goggles if I wanted to (brake the law). It wouldn't be a problem at all considering the live feed easily reaches (for me) 1.5+ miles out on a clear day (spotter inlisted) ... Probably further but I'm scared to go farther.. Lol..
The air is a cool drone, though and I didn't know that one wasn't goggle-enabled.. Lol.
The MP is alot cheaper now.. I encourage you to find one so you can really enjoy your goggles to thier fullest

Reactions: RCdancer
Maybe you just need a MP. I don't mean that like, duh, or anything, just that those lesser (cheaper) drones weren't designed with those goggles in mind.. I can literally fly it anywhere with just the goggles if I wanted to (brake the law). It wouldn't be a problem at all considering the live feed easily reaches (for me) 1.5+ miles out on a clear day (spotter inlisted) ... Probably further but I'm scared to go farther.. Lol..
The air is a cool drone, though and I didn't know that one wasn't goggle-enabled.. Lol.
The MP is alot cheaper now.. I encourage you to find one so you can really enjoy your goggles to thier fullest

In fact, the Mavic 2 Zoom is on my list for the second half of this year. :)

Reactions: MikeMauk
Finally flew with them yesterday even though the weather was dark, dreary and cloudy. Goggles worked well and the wife loved using them. With the jury-rig hookup to the Spark so that someone can use them while I fly, there is definitely latency in the goggles, but fine for people to experience the thrill of flight. Put the gimbal in FPV and sport mode is a kick with the goggles. Range was no problem and could easily send the Spark out and up until it was a pixel in the sky. Resolution was only 720p. Hookup so that someone else can use the goggles while I fly: connected the mini-ipad to the RC via wifi and then used an HDMI adapter on the ipad to mirror the display to the goggles.

I'm anxious to try them with my Mavic Air on a sunny day (even though I can't figure out a way to get simultaneous video on the ipad and goggles) where there should be less latency and a higher resolution? I will record from the goggles when I fly the Mavic Air so you can see what it's like.

You can definitely wear reading glasses with the goggles (there is no focus and since the screens are only 2 inches from your eyes, you may need reading glasses.) I've ordered some focus-fixers. If you wear glasses, provided they are not oversized, you should be able to wear them with the goggles.

I'm looking forward to Ocusync when I finally get the Mavic 2 Zoom towards the end of next year.

which goggles ru using ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett