DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Requesting how to's re internal storage on DJI Smart Controller for Mavic 2 Pro

KLJ5

Reactions
Hi everyone. When I turn my controller on, I get a message saying 'Warning - Insufficient storage space. Unable to save photos and videos or install apps. Clear space and try again', followed by 'Cancel' and 'Clear' buttons. I'm now looking at a page in my smart controller titled 'Internal shared storage'. Sub-titles are Apps, Images, Videos, Audio, Other, Cached data & Explore for a total of 10.71 GB of space taken up by the above 7 items. I'd like to transfer the video and screenshots to my desktop computer and then delete them from internal storage. I connect a data transfer cable to the bottom of the smart controller and plug it into the USB slot on my desktop computer. Then I go to File Manager >Videos > DJI > Edit > Select all. Then, once I've selected all videos, I click on either Move or Copy, expecting that I'll see an option to move or copy to my desktop via the USB connection. However, when I click on 'Copy to', I get no options presented. Could someone please point me in the right direction to make these transfers to my desktop. Thanx in advance.

I get that too. Basically, all those files you are seeing, is what the SC has copied from your original Micro SD card, that was recorded in your drone. Therefore, if you downloaded all those files from your previous flights, you don't need to again download these duplicates, because they are at a much lower quality anyway, so what use would they be for you? Who ever needs low quality duplicates of what your High Quality files were on your Micro SD card in your drone?

What you need to do is go into your SC and find those files and delete them from the SC memory in order to free up space in your SC to again copy low res duplicates of what ever you are going to be filming or still shot files for current and future flights. There really is no point in saving these files to anywhere.

Other than losing your drone and at least having some low res images and video of what you were filming at the time you lost your drone, since you would no longer have the original HQ material that would have been on your drone's Micro SD card, there is no use for these back up files.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO