DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

required vs recommended as a Part 107 pilot

CrossQuads

Reactions
I was under the impression as a part 107 pilot, that we HAD to log all flights, with pre and post flight inspections and a bunch of other stuff. But I cannot find any approved FAA flight log sheets or inspection sheet.

Is there such a thing? I wish there were clear rules if you are a part 107 pilot of what you need to record. I do preflight checks and check my surrounding before every flight. Just dont know if I need to log it.

Not that I know of.
Where did you get the information that compels logging anything?

I believe somewhere in studying for the part 107, someone said you were.

I don't think so.
The FAA doesn't require logging anything, except as verification of required hours for pilot's licenses and currency issues.

They do not require it, but if you ever have an accident, it would be strongly suggested that you do have these logs. Without them, you will probably get the short end of the stick from the FAA.

If you have detailed logs, you can at least show you are a responsible pilot (in their eyes), and hopefully they would go a little easier on you.

Perhaps, but logs aren't going to help. I have never heard of the FAA requesting any type of log entries in any certificate action against a pilot, or being interested in self generated documents.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143