DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rest in pieces Mavic Pro

Towlem

Reactions
Well..I did it...I crashed my Mavic Pro. I received it as a birthday gift and didn't know anything about the care program. Of course my first week was a disaster as the first one I had was faulty from the start..IMU would not calibrate. Did the YouTube thing read some posts here etc but no luck..returned to Best Buy and the next morning to I was airborne. What a fun machine..spent a number of days flying in beginner mode...graduated to normal mode and even played with sport mode a bit. Logged about 73 flights and was feeling like I was getting the hang of it. So I packed my MP into a case and travelled to another province..hopefully skilled enough to get some more scenic shots of my nieces wedding...and I did, they were great. And then I was just kind of killing some time and (did you know that not all trees are the same shape.)...moving very slowly across a field "near" a tree...I clipped a branch, about 25 feet off the ground and plummeted down onto a gravel driveway. What is left..is not pretty...and my heart is broken as this was the best gift I have ever received...and now it's gone..I know..it was my fault..but am sad to see it go :(

Reactions: Former Member
Well..I did it...I crashed my Mavic Pro. I received it as a birthday gift and didn't know anything about the care program. Of course my first week was a disaster as the first one I had was faulty from the start..IMU would not calibrate. Did the YouTube thing read some posts here etc but no luck..returned to Best Buy and the next morning to I was airborne. What a fun machine..spent a number of days flying in beginner mode...graduated to normal mode and even played with sport mode a bit. Logged about 73 flights and was feeling like I was getting the hang of it. So I packed my MP into a case and travelled to another province..hopefully skilled enough to get some more scenic shots of my nieces wedding...and I did, they were great. And then I was just kind of killing some time and (did you know that not all trees are the same shape.)...moving very slowly across a field "near" a tree...I clipped a branch, about 25 feet off the ground and plummeted down onto a gravel driveway. What is left..is not pretty...and my heart is broken as this was the best gift I have ever received...and now it's gone..I know..it was my fault..but am sad to see it go :(
I have heard of worse crashes still getting repaired. There are special vendors that can do repairs, search for @Thunderdrones, here in this forum, his process is posted. You may have only lost some flying time and a few bills.

I have heard of worse crashes still getting repaired. There are special vendors that can do repairs, search for @Thunderdrones, here in this forum, his process is posted. You may have only lost some flying time and a few bills.
I have seen his name on here... I am in Alberta Canada... where is Thunderdrome...never mind I see he is way way south of here!!

Last edited:
I might be interested in buying it if it is for the right price. I like to do a little fixing project once in a while. I'll send you a private message.

It's no problem I have shipped and have received packages of all size from most of the province in Canada...
I live in the states
I bet if you took some pictures of your trashed bird you could probably inquires
In a exchange program.

The story with thunderdrone is he has so many drones in his shop he even hide'n them behind the toilet so the misses won't find them.
..............now I can't confirm that story.

But I did see a picture awhile back and he had about two dozen on a shelf

It true he get his ya-ya's repairing Mavics
I suspect he's something
of a "Horder Type" (Drone-a-phile) .?

Yes he's within 10 day shipping distance
Maybe even less

Send him a message can't hurt

You guy north of the 49th are cutting a fat hog. as the say.

What the exchange rate now.?
What a Loonie is worth a buck fifty. Right now.? Just saying...cR

Canada ain't far... In fact, I can see it from here.

Get it fixed and keep flying!

Reactions: charliesRig
Why don’t you just buy another MP?
Funny guy..so now that I have heard from some of the children on the Forum..sure I will just lay out 1300 (Canadian dollars) on a new one...or I could hitch up my dog sled and see if I could make it to town in this ice...oh wait, I could.....naa that would be to childish.... Thanks for all your help kids...looking for some adults with adult answers..

If it is possible to be repaired thunder drones is the place to send it the man is a magician from what everybody says . I myself live in northern Alberta and if one of my DJI drones becomes wounded I will be sending at south of the border down to thunder drones everybody talks highly of this man

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada