DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Retrieving flight data?

Frosty Of The North

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I tried viewing my 2021 flight recap when prompted by the DJI app a few days ago, but there was no data. I checked and I hadn't enabled the option to sync my flight data to DJI, so I enabled it and tried the recap again. There's some data, but the recap is incomplete.

The problem is that until early December, for almost all of my flights I used an iPad Mini 5 (plus a few with my iPhone). I dropped and smashed my Mini 5 and it wasn't worth repairing, so I replaced it with a Mini 6. I suspect that the bulk my flight records are on the Mini 5.

Two questions:

1. Do I have any options for retrieving those records? The Mini 5 screen is smashed, but I might be able to plug in to my computer or use AirPlay to mirror the screen. Assuming that the Lightning port is functioning. (I haven't tried yet.)
  2. How do I ensure that my DJI flight records are complete, regardless of what device I used? I'm guessing that I need to enable flight data syncing in any device that I fly with?

My flights were all with a Mini 2, in case that makes a difference.

With regards to 2) I back my logs up to computer, and then is irrespective of whether they are on Android or IOS.

Manual, from the iPhone it involves using iTunes and from the Android devices it involves using Windows native file explorer, the latter is no more complicated than copying one or more files to and fro between any two folders anywhere on Windows.
The iTunes stuff is probably the routine method of transfer for Apple stuff but I am not an Apple user as such, so it was all new to me but not difficult once I figured out how it all worked. I seem to remember the biggest problem was in realising that I could not copy individual files/logs, rather I had to copy the folder that contained those logs.

Manual, from the iPhone it involves using iTunes and from the Android devices it involves using Windows native file explorer, the latter is no more complicated than copying one or more files to and fro between any two folders anywhere on Windows.
The iTunes stuff is probably the routine method of transfer for Apple stuff but I am not an Apple user as such, so it was all new to me but not difficult once I figured out how it all worked. I seem to remember the biggest problem was in realising that I could not copy individual files/logs, rather I had to copy the folder that contained those logs.
Okay, thanks. I'll see if I can connect the broken Mini 5 to iTunes to extract that data.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11