Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RETURN HOME SURE SCARES ME

[QUOTE="mikebambi, post: 395846,
another thing it flies so high you cant see it ,have no idea where its going

Always look into the GO app “map” screen. There are vital info such as:
1. The direction of MP is heading
2. Traces of MP path
3. The location of Home point assigned to the DJI system ( vs to what you think the HP is)
4. .....etc[/QUOTE]

So what are you doing ?
You’ve sent 85 forum messages so must have read a fair bit on here, yet you are Sending it up to random heights, random direction, until it goes out of sight, then move your location and want it to RTH?

What about planning a flight, waypoints, orbits etc, or is that a bit advanced?

Why not try some shorter, smaller Test flights with RTH and try the same with tips within this thread, always here to helpThumbswayup

i had a bit of a scary sittuation, i launched my mav and i was slightly under a overhanging part of a building, i went there to be in the shade to see the sceen better, when my bird came back at the height i had set it surely would have hit the over hang which was about 20ft above me, i noticed this and cancled the rth, totally my fault but just a warning to always look whats above your rth point and remeber what your height setting is

I tend to use RTH to end a flight and when it’s back above me switch to sport mode, ie cancelling RTH, and bring it in manually, sometimes straight down or perhaps slightly further away.

Reactions: Moonwalker
So what are you doing ?
You’ve sent 85 forum messages so must have read a fair bit on here, yet you are Sending it up to random heights, random direction, until it goes out of sight, then move your location and want it to RTH?

What about planning a flight, waypoints, orbits etc, or is that a bit advanced?

Why not try some shorter, smaller Test flights with RTH and try the same with tips within this thread, always here to helpThumbswayup
well now I learned my lesson ,Im staying low where I can see it ,till I get better at it thanks my friend

Reactions: ICHOTT
well now I learned my lesson ,Im staying low where I can see it ,till I get better at it thanks my friend
You’re welcome Thumbswayup
What I started to do eg before I did a 75m high 350m diameter orbit of an area was to set up a mini version first, 20m high 50m diameter centred on something 100 m away so it had to get there, do the orbit, return.
Once I saw it all worked perfectly, simply altered the location, height and diameter and sent it on its way.
Worked perfectly and quite satisfying:)

You’re welcome Thumbswayup
What I started to do eg before I did a 75m high 350m diameter orbit of an area was to set up a mini version first, 20m high 50m diameter centred on something 100 m away so it had to get there, do the orbit, return.
Once I saw it all worked perfectly, simply altered the location, height and diameter and sent it on its way.
Worked perfectly and quite satisfying:)

STILL NOT A GOOD FEELING LOOSING A DRONE ESPECIALLY WHEN I DIDNT DO THE FIRST PAYMENT

[QUOTE="mikebambi, post: 395846,

2. Traces of MP path
3. The location of Home point assigned to the DJI system ( vs to what you think the HP is)
4. .....etc[/QUOTE]

STILL NOT AS GOOD AS HAVING A LINE OF SIGHT AT ALL TIMES ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS SO SMALL AT A DISTANCE

2. Traces of MP path
4. .....etc

STILL NOT AS GOOD AS HAVING A LINE OF SIGHT AT ALL TIMES ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS SO SMALL AT A DISTANCE[/QUOTE]

Not so loud mike please, my ears hurt Thumbswayup

2. Traces of MP path
4. .....etc

STILL NOT AS GOOD AS HAVING A LINE OF SIGHT AT ALL TIMES ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS SO SMALL AT A DISTANCE[/QUOTE]
I am not here to dispute LOS. However, when you are in the situation of “so small at a distance” you still don’t think map can help you a lot?

STILL NOT AS GOOD AS HAVING A LINE OF SIGHT AT ALL TIMES ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS SO SMALL AT A DISTANCE
I am not here to dispute LOS. However, when you are in the situation of “so small at a distance” you still don’t think map can help you a lot?[/QUOTE]

honestly have not used the map much

Not so loud mike please, my ears hurt Thumbswayup[/QUOTE]
sorry should not use capital letters wont happen again ,thanks for your help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson