DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to home Failure

Hey guys,

I just got my first drone Air 2s last week and had this happen to me over the weekend. In a wide open field, nothing around me and it kept climbing to 175 feet (high enough for my 5th flight lol). Not being comfortable with it, I brought it back manually as I could still see it. Failed 3 times on Saturday and worked maybe 3 times, all in the same location. I will try the suggested fix with calibrating the sensors.
Looking forward to hearing the results - If it works for you, it might be the answer for others who also experienced the same or similar problems!

Looking forward to hearing the results - If it works for you, it might be the answer for others who also experienced the same or similar problems!
I connected the Air 2s yesterday to the assistant and tried to recal the sensors and it failed both times. I took it out for a test flight in the back yard anyway. However, I tried to RTH from the side yard to the back yard, and it wouldnt go over my house, it just hovered. Even though the setting was enabled to avoid obstacles not "break." Still need to further test it. Ill try to do that this evening.

Do you have the correct assistant? search again and make certain you have the correct version for your machine - It is imperative to get those sensors working properly.!

Do you have the correct assistant? search again and make certain you have the correct version for your machine - It is imperative to get those sensors working properly.!
Yeah I made sure it was the correct assistant. The sensors seem to be working fine even though the calibration said it failed. I havent yet had the RTH issue since updating the firmware while hard wired to the assistant. Although, I am still nervous and hesitant to trust it completely. I feel like I still need to do more testing to draw an accurate conclusion.

Another update, it seems to be working correctly now... Im also wondering if the error was that I wasnt familiar with some of the settings. I went to the same location as the first "error/ failure" and I set the RTH altitude to 88 feet. It came back with no issue. I noticed while I was in that setting it was defaulted to 200 feet altitude. So im wondering if thats what it was trying to do the first time. I panicked and manually took over as I didnt let it hit the 200 feet. It got to about 170 and I took over. So it could have been a newby mistake on my end.

Reactions: mereflyer
Happy for you Richard. Guess you have learned the importance of those preflight checks, one of which should be to make sure the RTH altitude is set sufficiently high enough to clear any obstacles in the return pathway. I too learnt much from the mistakes I made in those important first flights and continue learning with every new flight. (The challenge is always there)!...

Happy for you Richard. Guess you have learned the importance of those preflight checks, one of which should be to make sure the RTH altitude is set sufficiently high enough to clear any obstacles in the return pathway. I too learnt much from the mistakes I made in those important first flights and continue learning with every new flight. (The challenge is always there)!...
Ha! Good to know Im not the only one. Thank you for your help and support on this matter. I will definitely make that part of my pre flight checks from now on

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark