DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to Home

bkushner

Reactions
How come if you have your return to home set for say 100 feet that the drone will rise if under 100 but not lower to 100? Scenario: I fly near a bridge that is 150 feet high. If I'm on the other side and say 150 feet, in a return to home the drone will return at 150 which could hit the bridge. Why doesn't the drone descend to your desired RTH height?

It’s been that was as long as I can remember.

"The higher the safer" has been the logic behind the RTH mechanism. In your case the Air 2 will theoretically ascend to avoid the bridge.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Will you depend on that. I won’t.
I would just set my rth at say 175’ incase I lost signal.
As far as why DJI made it that way it would seem to me if
you had flown out and was at what ever height it would fly back
at that height without hitting anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Here's a scenario where the RTH Height can be an issue...Current RTH route close to GEO Zone(s). Pay attention to the aircraft's position on the map to avoid RTH failure (Code: 3202804)

I fly in an area where there are two Geo zones, 192 feet and 390 feet. They are close together. I fly from 192 feet to the 392 feet. area and lets say I rise to 225 feet and I lose signal. The drone will start to return home and when it hits the 192 feet zone it will stop and sit there until battery drains and it auto lands (in the water in my case). This isn't an issue for me as I don't lose signal but it's another sceanrio where if the drone descended to the pilot's desired RTH height it would be avoided.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N