DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Returned

Just wanted to touch on the Bestbuy return policy, If you return a drone that is still sealed the system will try and still hit you with a restocking fee, However, if your adamite enough the manager can waive it since it's still sealed, However if it's been opened then there is no way to get the restocking fee waived. This was due to all the clowns that would buy the drones to use them on vacation and once they are back they return it for a full refund (which is why BB does the same for digital cameras) or even better the idiots that flew it and crashed them and then come to the store wanting a new one.

With all that said if you have Total Tech you will NOT have any type of restocking fee and 60-day extended return policy on top of the protection plan, this is why I do recommend Total Tech if you like to buy a bunch of electronics or buy all the new DJI drones.

Reactions: MavicPeter
Interesting. I’ve looked into my crystal ball several times to gather insight on when DJI will issue updates on several of the aircraft I have and can’t seem to find that information.
What brand of crystal ball do you have? Link please?
Actually my brand is called common sense,and this is the link.
Done

Where's 'up here'? I live in Canada and we just got some snow today. We have been getting a few snowfalls off and on the last few days but nothing has stayed yet and the temperatures have been hovering around 0ºC and often dip below especially in the morning and evenings.

I have seriously been considering an upgrade to an M3 for a number of reasons but especially because it is one of the few drones that is spec'd to fly in weather as cold as -10ºC which puts it within the regulations if I fly it in weather between 0º and -10ºC here in Canada. That, and the fact that it is the closest I could get to a full frame camera in a portable package make it very attractive.

I do take lots of panos both manual and automated. The automated pano functions are very useful in cold weather (-10ºC) but the lack of those features does not bother me at this time as I know they will be added later. Until that time I will do them manually when I get the drone and make use of the amazing micro 4/3 sensor.

If I was you, I would have kept the drone and used the beautiful opportunities winter provides to take some amazing shots, learn the features of the drone and when spring comes you will already know how to use all them all. After all, it doesn't snow every day!

Chris
"Up there" is in the Catskills at about 2000'. I do a lot of wetlands work but once the streams and pond get even skim ice on them I loose the ability to hover and follow the trout. The extra battery time will be great for staying in a fixed position and watching who and what is going on in the water below. Will probably get the replacement in early March, take a few weeks to get familiar with it then start flying again in April...but even then we can still have ice and snow into early May.

"Up there" is in the Catskills at about 2000'. I do a lot of wetlands work but once the streams and pond get even skim ice on them I loose the ability to hover and follow the trout. The extra battery time will be great for staying in a fixed position and watching who and what is going on in the water below. Will probably get the replacement in early March, take a few weeks to get familiar with it then start flying again in April...but even then we can still have ice and snow into early May.
Looks like a beautiful area. Good luck with your replacement in March. By then, all of the features that are missing should be implemented and there should be lots of feedback on them on here for you to read before you purchase again.

Chris

Buying it now just to return it and plan on buying it again seems like a waste of time. What's the point?
I agree why would you buy just have to return it why don’t you just put it back in the box and wait till the weather gets better not trying to a ***, that makes no sense at all just remember you’re the one that posted and I thought you said something in your post about being patient if you knew the weather where you live it’s going to be bad little contradicting oh well it’s your money your life if it were my company I would say this guy has already bought the drone and send it right back now I want to buy it again seems a little cuckoo the reason I say all these things because I see so many people that buy things and then I can return it I’m not big on returning anything I have three DGI drones and when the weathers bad I just don’t fly

Also sitting around not flying as the warranty and batteries get older is a consideration as well...
I was thinking the same thing.. best bet is to wait for Feb. 2022 as there may even be a sale by then! well I have to return mine but at least I got to see for myself how much of a handicap the standard controller is with the Mavic 3. unless you get the Pro Controller... it's a SCAM!

I was thinking the same thing.. best bet is to wait for Feb. 2022 as there may even be a sale by then! well I have to return mine but at least I got to see for myself how much of a handicap the standard controller is with the Mavic 3. unless you get the Pro Controller... it's a SCAM!
Really for the price of the Mavic 3 the RC Pro controller should be the standard one included with
all three bundle options.I have a mavic air 2 currently and like the standard controller,that I fly with
a tablet. However a drone of this class meaning the M3, should have the pro controller as standard
included equipment.Yes a sale would be nice as I would like to upgrade.
Have a great day.

I do not get how it's a scam. If the M3 doesn't have the features/specs you want and you can't wait for the promised features - don't buy it. Buy an Air 2S and a Smart controller. I don't get why so many people are still complaining more than 2 weeks after launch. Yes, its expensive, but new technology is always expensive - it's just the way things are and nobody is being forced into buying their M3. It's almost like all the people complaining have had some sort of relationship with DJI and have been suddenly let down by this new drone release.

Chris

I do not get how it's a scam. If the M3 doesn't have the features/specs you want and you can't wait for the promised features - don't buy it. Buy an Air 2S and a Smart controller. I don't get why so many people are still complaining more than 2 weeks after launch. Yes, its expensive, but new technology is always expensive - it's just the way things are and nobody is being forced into buying their M3. It's almost like all the people complaining have had some sort of relationship with DJI and have been suddenly let down by this new drone release.

Chris
I use the term scam for almost anytime I get pissed off... your right it's more of a let down as I fly a drone everyday and really looked forward to a new Standard controller for the Mavic 3.... yes there is a new controller, but it's more than the price of an Air 2s! By the way... the Standard Mavic 3/Air 2s/Mavic Air 2/Mini 2 controllers top dollar price on eBay is $100! The Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom controller is 3 times as much! (for a new one)

Reactions: Point Zero
I use the term scam for almost anytime I get pissed off... your right it's more of a let down as I fly a drone everyday and really looked forward to a new Standard controller for the Mavic 3.... yes there is a new controller, but it's more than the price of an Air 2s! By the way... the Standard Mavic 3/Air 2s/Mavic Air 2/Mini 2 controllers top dollar price on eBay is $100! The Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom controller is 3 times as much! (for a new one)
Scam is the wrong word as it implies fraud or a dishonest scheme to swindle someone out of their money.

With regard to the standard controller, I think the price would be even higher if they had to develop a new controller just for the M3.

Chris

Chris
I think the issue is DJI haven't made it easy to find out about certain issues with drone. You have to comb through forums to get your questions answered.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone

Chris
I have never seen so much whining about a new drone release before.Watch early next year when the firmware updates
are released for the M3,and someone will find just one thing missing that will never be used by anyone,and it will spread like wildfire
on this forum.You are 100% right on everything you have said.if these people would wait maybe a few months before they buy the M3
and all of the firmware updates are done on it,then wow all of a sudden it will be the greatest.
So I blame the buyer and not DJI.If you going to spend this much coin,one should have done all the research they could find on the drone first
before the order was placed.
Have a good one.

Reactions: Chrislaf
I have never seen so much whining about a new drone release before.Watch early next year when the firmware updates
are released for the M3,and someone will find just one thing missing that will never be used by anyone,and it will spread like wildfire
on this forum.You are 100% right on everything you have said.if these people would wait maybe a few months before they buy the M3
and all of the firmware updates are done on it,then wow all of a sudden it will be the greatest.
So I blame the buyer and not DJI.If you going to spend this much coin,one should have done all the research they could find on the drone first
before the order was placed.
Have a good one.
Even with the firmware updates, FLY still sucks compared to GO

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun