DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Returning a drone to Netherlands

Helmie

Reactions
I had a MA2 crash at the weekend. The drone was just launched and hovering and had a few minor test maneuvers, was trying and failing to lock onto a target for some quickshots, when it reported a 'max load warning' and while I was looking at the controller to see what the error was saying, out the corner of my eye, it flipped over and crashed to the ground. It landed on a fairly soft mossy forest floor so I was hopeful it might not be catastrophically damaged. When I went to pick it up, one or two rotors were extremely hot.

Anyway, letting it cool down and assessing the next day, only two motors do their brief pulsing at power on, there is an 80035 error and launching is not possible.

I reported it to the DJI site and got a case number. I reported it as a believed parts malfunction rather than pilot error. It is 3 months old, bought as refurbished and not with any extra care package.

My plan was to ship it off, just the body - no battery, sd card, props, etc, for assessment/repair. I booked a courier package online as was going to drop it off today.

This morning a UPS shipping label has come through from DJI. This is with UPS, stating 4 kg, and more than double the cost I was intending to spend.

It is not clear from this if DJI has paid for this or not. Also at 4 kg, this suggests they would expect at least one battery, perhaps much more of the original fly more package. The packaging I had intended - well packed with box within box, still came at well below 1kg.

Do they expect me to rip it back open, repack and send this back in original packaging with all battery, prop, other accessories? Will they not accept your own packing - I have been sending delicate instrumentation around the world for 30 years and know what I am doing. I would be happy with my current packing and courier, but do DJI insist on their own instructions?

Under your case you should see what DJI requires you to ship back.

Attachments

• Example.JPG
    Example.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 12
OK, I had a chat with DJI, they just want my drone body, packed for their courier at their cost.

Pretty decent service if it all works out and gets back to me.

Not exactly the week I wanted it to happen, but there you go.

Reactions: Howard70
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S