DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reverting to older software

rscheff

Reactions
With the Mavic Mini1 and the DJI Fly software and a Samsung S21 phone, can I return to a previous version of software. 2 days ago an update was loaded into my device and now I have no picture on the screen. If I hit record I can play back the recording and everything is fine. Also if I use Dronelink I have a picture on the phone screen. So it has to be the software. I spent 3 hours and 5 different people from DJI and no one would listen. They just want me to return the drone.

If you mean a previous version of the DJIFly app, then yes you can. Just uninstall the one you have and then download an earlier version. And turn off automatic updates.

If you mean your phone's OS was updated, you'll probably have to reset it, but I'm not sure about that.

Older DJI Fly app versions

I contacted DJI by phone and they said that I could not convert to an older version of the DJI Fly app. and they made me send the drone back to them. This will be my 3rd drone sent back in 7 or 8 months, all covered by warranty but what a pain, and each time I lose the drone for almost 2 months.

I contacted DJI by phone and they said that I could not convert to an older version of the DJI Fly app. and they made me send the drone back to them. This will be my 3rd drone sent back in 7 or 8 months, all covered by warranty but what a pain, and each time I lose the drone for almost 2 months.
That's why everyone should have at least 2 drones. At least!

I bought my second Mini-2 because the first one was off at the drone hospital, and I wasn't willing to wait for it to come back before I could fly again.

I'd be very surprised if the Fly version had anything do do with it. I have mine set to automatic update, and I've never seen this problem on my Mini-1. Whatever is causing it has got to be something else.

Sending it back was the right thing to do. You just need to get a back-up drone!

:cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+