DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Review of Mavic 3 double battery

That includes the Mavic 3 suicide drones, too! Oftentimes, the reconnaissance received before the drones are destroyed is worth the expected loss. They certainly don't want the drone to be tracked back to the drone pilot! Simple jammers are all the Russians need to limit the drone range to under 500m. Mavic 3’s with 40 minute one way flight times are certainly cheaper and more effective than any of the larger military drones costing millions each!
Indeed. DJI is making bank, while officially expressing outrage that their peaceful camera drones are so useful in war! The Mavic 3's 7x telephoto camera and 40+ minute flight time make it the perfect throwaway drone for badly needed close range reconnaissance. DJI may have officially discontinued the Mavic 3 for sales to the public, but the demand of 10,000 a month is hard to ignore. Draw your own conclusions about whether DJI is still making them!

The Mavic 3 was also the last DJI drone of this capability manufactured without RID broadcasting FW, so that makes it even more valuable!
i am now seeing the mavic 3's being used by the IDF.

i am now seeing the mavic 3's being used by the IDF.
I'm not surprised. It's the perfect "off the shelf" civilian drone with a 7x telephoto and 28x hybrid zoom and 40+ minute flight time, and is is easily adaptable for military use! DJI is probably still shipping them out the back door while officially having discontinued them!

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Indeed. DJI is making bank, while officially expressing outrage that their peaceful camera drones are so useful in war! The Mavic 3's 7x telephoto camera and 40+ minute flight time make it the perfect throwaway drone for badly needed close range reconnaissance. DJI may have officially discontinued the Mavic 3 for sales to the public, but the demand of 10,000 a month is hard to ignore. Draw your own conclusions about whether DJI is still making them!

The Mavic 3 was also the last DJI drone of this capability manufactured without RID broadcasting FW, so that makes it even more valuable!
Haha if I had the spare cash lying around I would acquire a bunch of Mavic 3 Pros used or new and then patiently wait for them to age and appreciate like a fine wine.

All Mavic 3 Pros have RID broadcasting, unlike the early versions of the Mavic 3 which are still heavily in demand for military use.
I did plan to buy a Mavic 3 Pro after waiting long enough for their sale price to drop down close to $700, but knowing the Mavic 3 Pro is hard-wired for RID is enough incentive to limit my future Mavic 3 purchase options to the single-camera Classic or the twin camera Mavic 3. Residing far from FAA and CAA jurisdiction, I enjoy the liberty of choosing to decline participation in the intrusive RID regime now sweeping the civilized world.

I did plan to buy a Mavic 3 Pro after waiting long enough for their sale price to drop down close to $700, but knowing the Mavic 3 Pro is hard-wired for RID is enough incentive to limit my future Mavic 3 purchase options to the single-camera Classic or the twin camera Mavic 3. Residing far from FAA and CAA jurisdiction, I enjoy the liberty of choosing to decline participation in the intrusive RID regime now sweeping the civilized world.
The Mavic 3 Classic also came with RID from the factory, just like the Mavic 3 Pro. Only Mavic 3's manufactured from release through August of the following year did not. Any DJI drone manufactured after September of 2022 was required to have RID from the factory.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent