DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Review of the K&F Concept (aka Kentfaith) CPL Filter

js47

Reactions
Site
www.jakestarrphotography.com
I will start by saying that the build quality is excellent — it is a very solid filter made from metal and glass (weight is 5.1g). The anti-reflective coating on the glass seems to be very good quality. The filter fits fairly tight onto the drone (compared with OEM filters) but it is not a problem. The CPL turns very smoothly, though I would gripe that the edge of the filter ring is too slim to easily grip so it is not an ergonomic joy to adjust the CPL's angle. The CPL itself is pretty tight so definitely will not rotate on you in the middle of a flight.

I do see a very minimal hit to image sharpness using the main camera (have not tried with the tele camera yet). The filter itself is fairly color-neutral, maybe very slightly warm, but nothing that cannot be easily corrected for. The light reduction is 1.25 stops, close to a polarizer's theoretical minimum reduction of 1 stop. There are sample shots below which are untouched, SOOC JPEGs both taken at f4 and ISO100 with identical manual white balance settings. Picture 1 is using the standard DJI clear filter, Picture 2 is using this K&F CPL rotated to the angle of approximate maximum polarization for the river.

I bought this CPL as a two-pack with the K&F 2-5 stop VND for £18. The VND feels equally well-made, but I do not use VNDs so have not even put it on the drone. The case that the filters come in is the same as the one they ship their filters for terrestrial cameras in (it could fit a 105mm filter, but the included foam insert adapts it to hold 4 filters for either Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Classic).

I went with K&F because they are one of the few brands making filters for drones that also make filters for conventional cameras, so I assumed that they would be at least decent quality. Kase, Nisi, PolarPro, K&F, and Tiffen and are only companies I know of that make filters for both drones and "real" cameras, so they are the only brands I'd personally even consider for my drone (in roughly that order). Kase only makes filters for the Mavic 3 Classic, Nisi has weird PL filters that can't be rotated (so I'd only consider their regular NDs), and PolarPro filters are absurdly priced. That left K&F and Tiffen as options, and I went with K&F since the Tiffen filters are only available in 3- and 6-packs.

Overall I would certainly recommend this CPL from K&F.

DSCF4750.jpg

DSCF4752.jpg

DJI-0974.jpg

DJI-0979.jpg

Reactions: WanderLost
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members