DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Revisited a hunters camp hidden in the forest of BC, Canada ...

DMD Cine Attic

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com

A short video dedicated to my buddy Peter, to all that enjoy being alone from time to time and of course to those whom we leave behind. We came across this hunters/horse riding camp hidden if the forest last year and used it as our base camp for the second half of our trip. Me hunting for light, Peter for wildlife, in the end we both met in our camp "enjoying" our freeze dried/instant noodle meals ... o yeah, light was awesome, the scenery its usual best.

Last edited:
Amazing, that is correct. your friend is one lucky guy, loved

A short video dedicated to my buddy Peter, to all that enjoy being alone from time to time and of course to those who we leave behind. We came across this hunters/horse riding camp hidden if the forest last year and used it as our base camp for the second half of our trip. Me hunting for light, Peter for wildlife, in the end we both met in our camp "enjoying" our freeze dried/instant noodle meals ... o yeah, light was awesome, the scenery its usual best.
Amazing, that is correct, your friend is one lucky guy, loved the highway scene with the opposing traffic in high speed and the road sign, nice touch and a message perhaps ? Loved the ending ! Great piece, again.

Last edited:
Reactions: DMD Cine Attic
Amazing, that is correct. your friend is one lucky guy, loved

Amazing, that is correct, your friend is one lucky guy, loved the highway scene with the opposing traffic in high speed and the road sign, nice touch and a message perhaps ? Loved the ending ! Great piece, again.
Glad you noticed that as there is a lot happening in that shot and I spent some time with it, it means I did not waste my time :). Thank you.

Thank you for sharing and your friendship looks to me to be very memorable. Well thought threw and edited very very nice!

Thank you for sharing and your friendship looks to me to be very memorable. Well thought threw and edited very very nice!
Thank you, yes, there have been many memorable moments like this one over the years and I'm sure this has not been the last one. Finally pulled the trigger to give Peter something to cry about later down the line when the time comes, knowing him though, that time might be well far in the future :).

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
Glad you noticed that as there is a lot happening in that shot and I spent some time with it, it means I did not waste my time :). Thank you.
Same thing with the opening title.
Seen, appreciated and loved.
Wonderful stuff, all of it. You are an artist.

Same thing with the opening title.
Seen, appreciated and loved.
Wonderful stuff, all of it. You are an artist.
Thank you, more like enthusiastic hobbyist with a very tolerant wife :). Glad you liked it.

That was a splendid piece. Loved the little Easter Eggs you put in, and some truly awesome scenery, but more than anything (to me), was that the continuity was there from start to finish and told a story rather than just random b-roll shots leading nowhere. Very well done!

That was a splendid piece. Loved the little Easter Eggs you put in, and some truly awesome scenery, but more than anything (to me), was that the continuity was there from start to finish and told a story rather than just random b-roll shots leading nowhere. Very well done!
Easter Eggs :)), that is a good analogy, thank you for the compliments.

Definitely one of those clips I'll watch more than once. Well put together & great subject matter throughout. Top effort I reckon.

Thank you, more like enthusiastic hobbyist with a very tolerant wife :). Glad you liked it.
Heh. I, too have a tolerant wife. She permits weeks-long absences in the name of VanLife. Lucky are those with tolerant wives.

1668012650908.png
Canyonlands National Park

Your opening title, for those who might have missed it, contains a brief occlusion by a tree branch. That took imagination, work and skill. Even if only a half a second long, it makes a difference.

FWIW, drones see ever-increasing use in movies and TV shows. A business that earns Vancouver billions of dollars a year, as I'm sure you know. Just sayin'

Heh. I, too have a tolerant wife. She permits weeks-long absences in the name of VanLife. Lucky are those with tolerant wives.

View attachment 156908
Canyonlands National Park

Your opening title, for those who might have missed it, contains a brief occlusion by a tree branch. That took imagination, work and skill. Even if only a half a second long, it makes a difference.

FWIW, drones see ever-increasing use in movies and TV shows. A business that earns Vancouver billions of dollars a year, as I'm sure you know. Just sayin'
That looks great, got a public video from that trip ? Do you post at all ? I'm don't know much about movie industry in Vancouver, sure, I see movies shot all the time. Never looked into it, love my lifelong hobby way to much to make it a profession, YKWIM.

I do KWYM. I spent much of my career servicing that very industry, for better *and* for worse. Your decision to keep your lifelong hobby separate from your profession is probably a wise one.

Here's the only video I've made from my travels in that van.

Last edited:
I do KWYM. I spent much of my career servicing that very industry, for better *and* for worse. Your decision to keep your lifelong hobby separate from your profession is probably a wise one.

Here's the only video I've made from my travels in that van.

Fantastic that you make your own music, adds another layer. Selecting music is always the hardest part for me, I listen to lots of music all the time, but selecting from royalty free stuff is a challenge.

Great video,some really nice editing looks you filmed it with editing in mind too 👌
Thank you, yes it was shot to tell a bit of a story with editing in mind, some shots had to be re-done, mainly due to me forgetting to hit the record button. Peter was a natural ... 😉

A short video dedicated to my buddy Peter, to all that enjoy being alone from time to time and of course to those whom we leave behind. We came across this hunters/horse riding camp hidden if the forest last year and used it as our base camp for the second half of our trip. Me hunting for light, Peter for wildlife, in the end we both met in our camp "enjoying" our freeze dried/instant noodle meals ... o yeah, light was awesome, the scenery its usual best.
Gorgeous places! It is my life dream to stay alone… but in Italy it is not so easy! Thanks for sharing.
G

Great video!! In some cases drone only air shots are appropriate, but think the mix of ground and air shots makes a much more compelling video when done right, as you have here. Another good example is the discover show "Homestead Rescue" where they have a good drone pilot who mixes it in with ground shots and hyperlapses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98