DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RID aftermath back in U.K.

twickers14

Reactions
Just back from Naples FL having prepared my Air 2 with RID and re-registration with FAA. All went well there although I struggled to get the DJI geo zone clearance code after getting LAANC for Naples Municipal in a second or so. Why I am not sure but all good as I got to fly happily in non-controlled airspace. Interestingly my first flight back here in the U.K. this afternoon I got a “Take off not allowed-RID issue” on my RC/iPhone Fly app and sure enough it would not start up. So employed age old approach-turn everything off and fire up again-worked perfectly and had a lovely 30 minute flight over the Downs here in Bristol. No idea why but thought I would share this with you.

Just back from Naples FL having prepared my Air 2 with RID and re-registration with FAA. All went well there although I struggled to get the DJI geo zone clearance code after getting LAANC for Naples Municipal in a second or so. Why I am not sure but all good as I got to fly happily in non-controlled airspace. Interestingly my first flight back here in the U.K. this afternoon I got a “Take off not allowed-RID issue” on my RC/iPhone Fly app and sure enough it would not start up. So employed age old approach-turn everything off and fire up again-worked perfectly and had a lovely 30 minute flight over the Downs here in Bristol. No idea why but thought I would share this with you.
had the same problem on my mavic 2. did the same thing and it all worked.

Reactions: twickers14
Sounds like your last known gps coordinates had a hiccup with RID. Glad you were able to use LAANC with no problems but several have reported all kinds of DJI geo issues so no telling what happened there.

@twickers14 on your first start up the drone thought it was still in the US ,but your shut down and restart reset it ,all these new compliance ideas,have just made things more complicated ,due to the differences around the world

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007