DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RID apps for Android and iOS....is there a lot of them to choose from ?

MavicFlyer2

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I've done my do diligence and update our Mavic 2 pro and Smart controller to output RID. Also did FAA Drone Zone editing and now my next step is to verify I'm transmitting.
Can I get help on which, and how many, apps out there that'll monitor these transmissions being put out from our equipment now ? Or is there a specific monitoring device that'll do a better job then an app installed on our phone ?
Thanks !!!

I've tried a couple. Air Sentinel for Android is one. It worked. I have also tried Drone Scanner on my iPad, which also works. Give those a try. Keep in mind that the "built-in" RID transmissions do not "turn on" until you actually take off with the DJI drones that have it "built-in". Here is a list of the current DJI drones that have RID: Which DJI drones have Remote ID? Here's the complete list [Updated Nov 2023]

I purchased a Holy Stone RID unit on Amazon (they have them in stock for $89), and it also works.

Part of the rules (at least in the US) say that all remote ID modules have to test themselves and show an error if they aren't properly working. So I wouldn't worry about your Remote ID not working - I think that the DJI remote will tell you if it isn't working (if your drone supports RID). The Holy Stone RID modules has a slow-blinking LED that shows it is working.

I've tried a couple. Air Sentinel for Android is one. It worked. I have also tried Drone Scanner on my iPad, which also works. Give those a try. Keep in mind that the "built-in" RID transmissions do not "turn on" until you actually take off with the DJI drones that have it "built-in". Here is a list of the current DJI drones that have RID: Which DJI drones have Remote ID? Here's the complete list [Updated Nov 2023]

I purchased a Holy Stone RID unit on Amazon (they have them in stock for $89), and it also works.

Part of the rules (at least in the US) say that all remote ID modules have to test themselves and show an error if they aren't properly working. So I wouldn't worry about your Remote ID not working - I think that the DJI remote will tell you if it isn't working (if your drone supports RID). The Holy Stone RID modules has a slow-blinking LED that shows it is working.
Thanks for the information...I fly the Mavic 2 Pro without the module so all's I did was the firmware update and everything went well.
I appreciate your help and when I get a chance I'll check the Sentinel app out because I'm using Android here.

Reactions: jimlips