DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Right wheel on the remote control

Stephcout

Reactions
I got my Mavic 2 pro yesterday.

I have a quick and simple question. In Manual Mode (for stills images) Is there a way to change the shutter speed (or iso or exposure compassion) of the camera with the right wheel on the remote?

Right now for some reason in manual Mode it seems to just change the fstop and nothing else, on other dji drone remote you could click the wheel or click on the screen (on shutter speed, iso, or f stop) to tell what you wanted the wheel to activate.

Because of the limitation of the AEB (automatic Exposure Bracketing) of not being able to set the exposure difference between shots I have to do it by hand so as a result it’s a very important fonction for me and now it looks like every time you want to change the shutter speed you need to take your left hand away from the left stick.

Maybe I am missing something!?

Thank you for your precious help

Stéphane.
From Above

Reactions: Dmbrody
Under camera settings, the first of the 3 panels, there is ‘Auto, A, S, M’. The S is for Shutter and selecting it changes the wheel to be a shutter adjustment.

Agree with you that the AEB on the Mavic is lame. Seems like a firmware update could fix that.

That doesnt really help though.

In manual you want to adjust both so the wheel AND another control should be available to avoid having to go through menus.

Use the 5D button to change de shutter speed.

For the ISO, for now, i think only trought your screen.

You can't use the 5D to change shutter speed. It only allows EV or aperture.

So currently we have 2 ways of changing aperture and 0 ways of changing shutter. That's something to be fixed id hope.

I flew mine for the first time yesterday and was surprised to find the right wheel wasn't clickable as I'd used that in the past to cycle between aperture, shutter and ISO. For now, I've mapped the D-Pad so left/right changes shutter and up/down changes aperture.

I cant see an option for 5D to adjust shutter.

I can see EV and aperture but not shutter on the options.

And in full manual mode if its mapped to EV it adjusts nothing.

I just did and nothing happened. Admittedly on the ground but it didnt do anything here.

yeah I don't have it in front of me right now but if it was labelled as EV I took that to mean shutter speed. In manual mode, it was adjusting the shutter speed without affecting the aperture.

Reactions: FiShBuRn
I'd look again if there wasn't horizontal driving rain. Tried it indoors and it didnt seem to do anything obvious (or change shutter). Ill give it a shot if it ever stops raining though.

Under camera settings, the first of the 3 panels, there is ‘Auto, A, S, M’. The S is for Shutter and selecting it changes the wheel to be a shutter adjustment.

Agree with you that the AEB on the Mavic is lame. Seems like a firmware update could fix that.

Thank you for that and you are right that in the S mode the shutter will be controlled by the wheel but unfortunately the aperture will adjust as well in trying to get the shot at the same exposure. I am trying to over and under expose each image by changing just the shutter speed to get nice bracketed shot, I can merge in Lightroom later to get those raw hdr images to work with. Thank you for your suggestion.

That doesnt really help though.

In manual you want to adjust both so the wheel AND another control should be available to avoid having to go through menus.

You are right but the idea is to map what you want to the wheel like this you can change it without having to remove your thumb from the stick . For me I basically dont change the iso as I try to stay at 100 as much as I can and the fstop I change it once in a while but for photography all the magic happen by changing the shutter speed. It’s basically what I do the all time while in the air to bracket my Images. Thanks you.

Use the 5D button to change de shutter speed.

For the ISO, for now, i think only trought your screen.

Yes it was I do as well for right now but I don’t like how I have to remove my thumb from the control stick to do that. Also it’s just worked so well on other dji drones. Thanks.

Yes but it’s not activated with the right wheel so I have to take my thumb off the controller stick to do that now. Thank you.
It's probably ok to take your thumb off controller stick.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji