DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RODS OR CONES

Very simple to just google "FAA chapter 10 night operations"
You'll get a very interesting and easy to understand PDF

The blind spot in the eye has no rods or cones, it’s where the nerves pass through the eye to the brain. The fovea in the center of the eye where we focus our vision is mostly cones, giving high definition and color vision. The rest of the eye is mostly rods, giving motion detection and low light sensitivity. That’s why at night you can often see an object by looking slightly left, right, above or below it, because the rods are sensitive enough to see it, but the cones aren’t.

The document found at the link you provided does not have any questions.

On page 21 of 30 it say very specifically:

Central Blind Spot
The area where the optic nerve connects to the retina in the back of each eye is known as the optic disk. There is a total absence of cones and rods in this area, and consequently, each eye is completely blind in this spot.

Can you provide a link to the question that is giving you a problem?

There was no question on my 107 exam about rods/cones. The guy testing next to me may have. Maybe cruise through the FAA’s 107 study guide and see what’s there, or the 107 document itself (long). My guess is they want you to know what each one does.

Hi Mavikhan
Before studying the Part 107 Study Guide from Drone Launch Academy, I didn't even know there were rods or cones inside the human eye. The study guide states the rods & cones are the receivers and interpret the visual signals in our eyes. I'm am told it is a question that will be on the exam.
I remember learning about them in grade school back in the '60s... but I'll be ****ed if I remember which does what.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_