DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Root Crystal Sky

Sadly I purchased the nolimitdronez app but even though ot says 01.03.0770 firmware on Mavic pro FCC works, sadly it does not :( They informed me that i have to use their custom NLD Go4 app, but even that does not work as you have to go through many hoops to put your Crystal Sky into root mode then do multiple other things. Sadly the forum is down and I cant access the guide to try and do this. Is there any other guide on the net that can go through the procedure. Pref a video tutorial but if not any will do.

Thanks in advance.

Allan

try this link

Sadly I purchased the nolimitdronez app but even though ot says 01.03.0770 firmware on Mavic pro FCC works, sadly it does not :( They informed me that i have to use their custom NLD Go4 app, but even that does not work as you have to go through many hoops to put your Crystal Sky into root mode then do multiple other things. Sadly the forum is down and I cant access the guide to try and do this. Is there any other guide on the net that can go through the procedure. Pref a video tutorial but if not any will do.

Thanks in advance.

Allan

Is your rooted CS still performing well? I'm considering following your lead and do it to both of mine. I have both sizes. On the larger one "Unfortunately, Google Play Serivices has stopped working" comes up about every 5-seconds and makes it unusable.

I haven't tested yet what happens if I just uninstall Google Play Services. I'm afraid to do that and then have some in-flight issue with Litchi or Go4. But, if the services have "stopped working" then what are they doing for Litchin and Go4 anyway? Hmmm....?

Regardless, any regrets at all for having rooted your CS?

@tiggybengal ..some of it but will from another guide but will try this one. Did you have the same issue and this link's info solved it? Was that why you provided the link?

@Bobgossen and others: I've tried everything from this post and I can't get rooted. I'm missing something. I can see the device in Device Manager and in 'chrome://inspect' but once I enter the 'adb shell' all I get is errors or nothing. I've attached a terminal window capture. I can see the device before i enter the shell but after that it's not listed. And, './copy.sh' can never be found or executed.

Any ideas? I'm not afraid to do tasks like this if I have good instructions. I can even fix things sometimes if something goes wrong but I'm not a coder. When things don't work I Google and start trying things, most of them shooting in the dark. Maybe someone who is a seasoned coder can weigh in and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• adb.png
    adb.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I am so jealous of you guys...lol... I just can't get it to work. I can see my CS everywhere ('adb devices' from CMD prompt / 'Chrome://inspect' / Device Manager / eclipsec.exe). But as soon as I enter the shell and type 'adb devices' it lists nothing. I manually installed the firmware from an SD card two times.

Arggg.....

Rooting gives you access to the root directory. This allows you to load and run many Android apps otherwise not available for the Crystal Sky.
Will rooting allow you to install the latest version of GO4 (4.3.24 at this time I think) on the CS? More importantly, will it work properly?
At this time the CrystalSky is restricted to the embedded GO4 4.3.16.

Last edited:
I don't think so. I had had my 1st CS at that time with root. There it did not work. Since I have a new Crystalsky and it is in German, I haven't tried it any more. It would also be interesting to know if the new DJI FLY APP works for the MINI.

I'm curious. As soon as the drone and the app are there, I'll test it. But I don't think that will work.

Reactions: Steady Eddie
Has anyone found out how to stop CS from automatically disabling app "notifications" after rebooting? Is there a file to edit or an app to download? Also I Haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but Don't forget to back your system up right after you root. If you mess up later your going to need it when you can't boot your CS.

Does anyone know of how to root this or get a guide to it that is still online?
I desperately want to root my CS so I can use it with a SEEK thermal cam. So far, all the links I am finding are old and gone.

Does anyone know of how to root this or get a guide to it that is still online?
I desperately want to root my CS so I can use it with a SEEK thermal cam. So far, all the links I am finding are old and gone.
You probably already saw THIS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54