DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rotor Wont Turn

Billyboy72

Reactions
Hello all, I just purchased a used phantom 2 off FB market on the cheap. The guy told me one of the motors felt sticky what he didn't tell me was it refused to turn at all while powered up. He was honest in telling me he had bought it to use in his real estate business and also tell me he stopped because he crashed. Heres my question to all. Visually I can't see damage to this motor but when free hand turning it there is def restriction in this motor. Does anyone know what I can do to either test it to see if its just jammed or replace it on my own.

Here are a few photos of what I bought and a close up of the bad motor

Attachments

• IMG_5776.JPG
    IMG_5776.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5778.JPG
    IMG_5778.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5779.JPG
    IMG_5779.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
I had a bearing go out in one of the motors in my phantom two . I ordered a new dji Cw motor off eBay . I think it was 25 bucks . Canadian play money . Problem is it takes forever to get this far north . From the time it’s ordered till it shows it’s about 6 weeks . Good thing I have 3 drones to fly

I had a bearing go out in one of the motors in my phantom two . I ordered a new dji Cw motor off eBay . I think it was 25 bucks . Canadian play money . Problem is it takes forever to get this far north . From the time it’s ordered till it shows it’s about 6 weeks . Good thing I have 3 drones to fly
Yes I have my mavic pro for my daily driver. I couldn't pass up the deal on the Phantom2 when I found it. Even if I resell it ill make money but I’d rather fix it and fly it

Once you get the motor changed out you can open up the programming so you can have manual mode .In Manual mode you can do flips and rolls . A flip will use up about 300 feet falling before it gets its wind back . Hard on the nerves but fun to fly

Reactions: horaceb688
Once you get the motor changed out you can open up the programming so you can have manual mode .In Manual mode you can do flips and rolls . A flip will use up about 300 feet falling before it gets its wind back . Hard on the nerves but fun to fly
Oh no no thats not me lol. I wonder if this can be sent into dpi to fix also this one has a gimbal for a GoPro. What app supports something for a GoPro do you know?

My phantom 2 used dji
Vision until the camera quit working .
74a64cdf7fd456fbd1d9933723486cf0.jpg

I would think the GoPro sends a wifi signal and the drone boosts it . Same app might work for it

I would think it would need to be one that sends a wifi signal
I don’t know squat about GoPro units

I removed a small metal bracket that seemed to be wedged. I laughed watch that was the GPS block haha. Anyone know what this is

Attachments

• IMG_5783.JPG
    IMG_5783.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54