DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Rows of houses

Meaning no offense but is such flight legal?
Aside from flying over people it seems Greece has an unusual privacy rule that seems to mean you need the property owners permission to over fly their property.

Aside from flying over people it seems Greece has an unusual privacy rule that seems to mean you need the property owners permission to over fly their property.
I guess if a United 777 flys over your house, it might be worse..Just kidding

The law says that you can fly can't fly over crowds,hospitals, government buildings, army buildings etc.
That rule is mostly for low flights,because nobody wants a drone on top of their heads while they're in the garden. I just fly higher..

Once someone called the police on a friend because he was flying his drone low,in an open field. And it was his field. Weird people here in Greece hahaha...

Dale, could you perhaps explain that please?
It may be just the way my mind works but all I see is a shot of roof tops where building might have followed old road lines.
I am genuinely curious as to how you can get so much from it.
There are quite a few photos published on here that leave me scratching my head wondering what I am missing that makes them interesting.

Reactions: Yogi053
Living here in America I really like this shot because it looks like nothing I would see here. It really shows the medieval influence on how towns were laid out in Europe, the Mediterranean and elsewhere on that side of the world centuries ago, and never changed. I also find the bell curve shape created by the road interesting. Well done.

It may be just the way my mind works but all I see is a shot of roof tops where building might have followed old road lines.
There are quite a few photos published on here that leave me scratching my head wondering what I am missing that makes them interesting.
Sure Phillius. I'd be happy to explain.

The downward view, for us drone pilots, is already common and cliche, but to the average "Joe the viewer",
it is a different experience in seeing a common sight. It is unique. If I were a tourist, I would love to capture an image like this. Especially in Dubrovnik, which this reminded me of. (I was there on a driving trip to Croatia several years ago).

The composition of the congested red roofs is self-explanatory, and tells the viewer the living conditions of the area. The "A" shaped symmetry of the streets is also a nice composition. The uniformity of red coloring is also a nice effect. The image tells me a story of what life might be like ,giving in such an area. It is geometric poetry.

Although I am a retired eye doc, in my youth I took art and painting classes at the Chicago Art Institute. I also took Appreciation of Art in college. Maybe that is why my art sensibilities are appreciative of this image.

Here are two images from that trip. Photographed from walking along the wall around the old city.

Hope that explains it for me.

Dale
Miami
DSC_4237.JPGDSC_4272.JPG

Thanks guys.
I did wonder if the American town planner's apparent fascination with grids had anything to do with it.
For what it is worth I think the current layout of quite a few old European towns are based on much older layouts than medieval.
I also once saw an article which argued or stated that some of the big streets in post medieval modernised cities where laid out to facilitate suppression of crowds that were hostile to the powers that be, how true that is I do not know but it is an interesting thought. Musket balls don't do well in windy, narrow streets.

From school days I recollect that in the UK quite a few old roads, both major and minor, follow the pathes of Roman roads. A testament perhaps to Roman surveying and in some cases building as the Roman roads were used as foundations for the 'new'.
I have also heard it said that 'windyness' of some of our post-Roman but pre-modern-era rural roads is due to the power of locals with 'clout' refusing to let roads cut across their land.

'Layout' seems to be an interesting topic.

From the perspective of this post I suppose in my case it is 'familiarity breeds lack of interest', that said I suppose it is the basis of tourism.

Thanks guys.
I did wonder if the American town planner's apparent fascination with grids had anything to do with it.
For what it is worth I think the current layout of quite a few old European towns are based on much older layouts than medieval.
I also once saw an article which argued or stated that some of the big streets in post medieval modernised cities where laid out to facilitate suppression of crowds that were hostile to the powers that be, how true that is I do not know but it is an interesting thought. Musket balls don't do well in windy, narrow streets.

From school days I recollect that in the UK quite a few old roads, both major and minor, follow the pathes of Roman roads. A testament perhaps to Roman surveying and in some cases building as the Roman roads were used as foundations for the 'new'.
I have also heard it said that 'windyness' of some of our post-Roman but pre-modern-era rural roads is due to the power of locals with 'clout' refusing to let roads cut across their land.

'Layout' seems to be an interesting topic.

From the perspective of this post I suppose in my case it is 'familiarity breeds lack of interest', that said I suppose it is the basis of tourism.
Yes- but you asked for my reasons and then did not comment on them-agreed or not?

I didn't/don't feel they need any comment other than the Love emote thing, which to my mind says it all. And "guys" is plural.

Yes- but you asked for my reasons and then did not comment on them-agreed or not?
In this forum, we submit our videos and images either in order to obtain affirmation, or critiques. Constructive criticism is sought by some submitters. We are all (I hope) careful not to bruise feelings. From reading my posts, you know I am freely able to either applaud and congratulate or offer artistic or technical suggestions to the best of my capabilities. I think the person posting is seeking more than a smiley or frown face.

Sure Phillius. I'd be happy to explain.

The downward view, for us drone pilots, is already common and cliche, but to the average "Joe the viewer",
it is a different experience in seeing a common sight. It is unique. If I were a tourist, I would love to capture an image like this. Especially in Dubrovnik, which this reminded me of. (I was there on a driving trip to Croatia several years ago).

The composition of the congested red roofs is self-explanatory, and tells the viewer the living conditions of the area. The "A" shaped symmetry of the streets is also a nice composition. The uniformity of red coloring is also a nice effect. The image tells me a story of what life might be like ,giving in such an area. It is geometric poetry.

Although I am a retired eye doc, in my youth I took art and painting classes at the Chicago Art Institute. I also took Appreciation of Art in college. Maybe that is why my art sensibilities are appreciative of this image.

Here are two images from that trip. Photographed from walking along the wall around the old city.

Hope that explains it for me.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 124417View attachment 124418
Really love those two photos! I was looking forward to going to Croatia this year,but due to the pandemic I postponed it. Hope next year everything is better!

Really love those two photos! I was looking forward to going to Croatia this year,but due to the pandemic I postponed it. Hope next year everything is better!
You won’t be disappointed if you go there
It’s like Italy
Great seafood restaurants great scenery and great friendly people

Personally,I search for shapes,symmetry or unity because those things are pleasing to my eyes and that's why I found the photo above interesting(red roofs and the curved road).
For example,the one attached is not interesting,at least to my eyes.
Generally,I think taking topdown photos is a bit tricky because you need to compensate visually for the Z-axis you eliminated.

Attachments

• Photo_6553719_DJI_119_jpg_22335265_0_202092495730_photo_original.jpg
    Photo_6553719_DJI_119_jpg_22335265_0_202092495730_photo_original.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
Nice one tonydeli7, certainly a view that I'm unlikely to encounter around here. So gives me a chance to visit areas and see unusual 'stuff'. Also raises social and historical questions but mainly makes you wonder how you'd find your way home after a night at the tavern.

Reactions: tonydeli7

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT