DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RPAS Safety Assurance - DJI Products

Civil (specialized in structural). Never insulted. I was being genuine that maybe you're extremely intelligent.

Heard all the eng jokes over the years. Unfortunately, they're all accurate.
I'm guessing that you manage to tie in droning with your CivEng work. That would be pretty cool.

I'm pretty smart at some things and totally stupid at some other things.
Part of the reason that I was able to prepare fairly quickly is that I develop courseware. I was able to read the knowledge requirements and anticipate many of the questions.
When I have some time, I'm thinking about creating some courseware and practice exams. I was planning on charging a nominal fee for them.

The part that I see many people stumble on, in the exams is the stuff related to control surfaces - they take the exam and don't realize that it covers ALL small remote piloted aircraft systems.

Droning is, for me, mostly recreational, with a bit of commercial. My little fleet consists of all DJI drones at the moment, although I may put together a DIY bird or two and put some of my Arduino and 3D printing skills to work. The fleet (in ascending order according to size: Tello, Mavic Mini, Mavic Pro, Inspire 1 (crashed by previous owner - I will be rebuilding it and documenting the rebuild for an article for Model Aviation Canada), Inspire 1 (which the previous owner partly updated to Pro - I'll be completing the transition to Pro specs and documenting for Model Aviation Canada). I have two good cameras (Zenmuse X3 and X5)for the the Inspire 1 drones and two (also X3 and X5) that were crash victims - I'm sending the broken ones to DJI for repair estimates. Once I have the estimates, I'll decide whether DJI will fix them or if I will. Once they are functional, I'll be sending the repaired cameras have them converted to full spectrum. That opens the door for agricultural use, plus some interesting imaging effects (UV and IR stills and video). I can't justify a FLIR camera, although if I start going more seriously commercial, it might be a worthwhile investment.

I'm guessing that you manage to tie in droning with your CivEng work. That would be pretty cool.

I'm pretty smart at some things and totally stupid at some other things.
Part of the reason that I was able to prepare fairly quickly is that I develop courseware. I was able to read the knowledge requirements and anticipate many of the questions.
When I have some time, I'm thinking about creating some courseware and practice exams. I was planning on charging a nominal fee for them.

The part that I see many people stumble on, in the exams is the stuff related to control surfaces - they take the exam and don't realize that it covers ALL small remote piloted aircraft systems.

Droning is, for me, mostly recreational, with a bit of commercial. My little fleet consists of all DJI drones at the moment, although I may put together a DIY bird or two and put some of my Arduino and 3D printing skills to work. The fleet (in ascending order according to size: Tello, Mavic Mini, Mavic Pro, Inspire 1 (crashed by previous owner - I will be rebuilding it and documenting the rebuild for an article for Model Aviation Canada), Inspire 1 (which the previous owner partly updated to Pro - I'll be completing the transition to Pro specs and documenting for Model Aviation Canada). I have two good cameras (Zenmuse X3 and X5)for the the Inspire 1 drones and two (also X3 and X5) that were crash victims - I'm sending the broken ones to DJI for repair estimates. Once I have the estimates, I'll decide whether DJI will fix them or if I will. Once they are functional, I'll be sending the repaired cameras have them converted to full spectrum. That opens the door for agricultural use, plus some interesting imaging effects (UV and IR stills and video). I can't justify a FLIR camera, although if I start going more seriously commercial, it might be a worthwhile investment.

Cool stuff. You should totally create some courseware based on your ability to pass so easily. Maybe market it as such. Oh and yes, I have real uses for the drone for my job. I can see most of what I work on but without climbing on a roof or getting on a scissor lift, there are gaps a drone can fill. Already used it once in that capacity. Dunno if I have the energy to get a SFOC to do the same in Toronto due to the controlled airspace issues but at least it's an option.

Have fun.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan