DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Cancel

stanbrown333

Reactions
Flying my MA2 this evening to get some sunset shots, decided I was finished and activated RTH. RTH proceeded as normal, no problem. When I was almost over my Home point but still at about 390', I decided to take a couple more shots so I cancelled the RTH. I took the shots, but when I tried to reactivate the RTH all it would do was land right where it was. After several tries to reactivate RTH I landed manually. All is well.

I would like to know why RTH would not reactivate. Was it because I was too close (horizontally) to the Home point? If I had flown a few hundred feet in any direction would RTH have reactivated when I pressed the button?

I would like to know why RTH would not reactivate. Was it because I was too close (horizontally) to the Home point? If I had flown a few hundred feet in any direction would RTH have reactivated when I pressed the button?
Page 13 of your manual explains how RTH acts when you initiate it at different distances from the homepoint.

• a. If the aircraft is further than 50 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, the aircraft adjusts its orientation and ascends to the preset RTH altitude and flies to the Home Point. If the current altitude is higher than the RTH altitude, the aircraft flies to the Home Point at the current altitude.
  • b. If the aircraft is at a distance of 5 m to 50 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, the aircraft adjusts its orientation and flies to the Home Point at the current altitude.
  • c. If the aircraft is less than 5 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it lands immediately

Reactions: Smooth Rhythm
Yeah, some of the biggest problems I've had is canceling RTH after its been activated due to low power. I once landed on a beach just above where the waves might hit it. I was very lucky. You have to trust that it has just enough power to land at the original Home location.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka