DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH follow controller

JayTea26

Reactions
How can I get my MA2 to RTH where I am instead of take off home point.

Thank you. So doing that will set the home point to where my controller is.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Actually there is an option to update the home point to the GPS coordinates determined by the mobile device. However lately, the app tends to report the mobile GPS is too weak.

Only with Apple devices

Lately I've had trouble with my HTC phone and Samsung tablet, both running Android. No other apps having trouble with location services. Therefore I conclude Go on Android also has issues in many (most?) cases.
Perhaps DJI fixed the problem since my last test.

I quit using phones to fly over a year ago and never looked back... CS or SC for me. Bypasses all the device and software problems people post about.

I quit using phones to fly over a year ago and never looked back... CS or SC for me. Bypasses all the device and software problems people post about.
I assume ”SC” = Smart Controller.... not ‘currently‘ an option for MA2.
What is “CS” short for?

Actually there is an option to update the home point to the GPS coordinates determined by the mobile device. However lately, the app tends to report the mobile GPS is too weak.
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but how is this done?

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but how is this done?
The mobile device GPS coordinates are used when setting HP to current RC location.

The aircraft's onboard GPS module is used when setting the HP to aircraft location

The third option to set HP is to drag the HP marker on the map to the desired location.

1622830508027.png

Reactions: MA2 317
The mobile device GPS coordinates are used when setting HP to current RC location.

The aircraft's onboard GPS module is used when setting the HP to aircraft location

The third option to set HP is to drag the HP marker on the map to the desired location.

View attachment 130201
AH, thank you. I was thinking he was saying there was to a way to have the HP be the RC... dynamically. Being able to tell the the drone to return to the controller would be very useful for filming things like cars and bikes traveling from point A to point B (when A and B are not always known in advance).

AH, thank you. I was thinking he was saying there was to a way to have the HP be the RC... dynamically.

That word SPARKED an interest...

The DJI Spark has something called a Dynamic Home Point that was used with an Active Track feature in which the Spark updates it's location every 30 meters while tracking the subject.

Flying with an Apple Mini4 ( Wi-Fi only. No GPS ), the updating of the HP was never an option for me since the Mini 4 wouldn't know where it's at on the planet to reset the HP.

If the Spark loses the subject during Active Track, it will go back to the last recorded dynamic Home Point and hover, verses going all the way back to the original launch / Home Point.

Very useful if you don't have a GPS enabled device and would want the option to change the HP to the device / controller during normal flying conditions.

It may be the same with the MA2 as the Spark, when you click to update the HP on a GPS device, that's where the aircraft will go.

It's not a one and done thing. You must keep resetting the HP as you move along such as in a boat cruising around while filming. Otherwise you might get a Low battery RTH issue and it goes back to the last HP recorded if you didn't update recently.

That was the Spark and I haven't tinkered with the all of the features of the MA2 yet, but I'm sure something like that is there. ?

Good luck. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh