DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH In SmartCapture Not Working?

Ray&Paula

Reactions
I was out practicing today with SmartCapture which went really well with exception of a couple things;

1)
RTH: I used the RC method and upon takeoff the RC stated that the home point has been updated. I do not have it set to RTH to the remote location. When I hold the RTH button on the remote the RC states that it's landing. It lands but, wherever it may be hovering. I manually landed it just before touchdown on my launch pad. I started over again, received the RTH updated voice again. This time I tried by tapping on the RTH on the screen within DGI Go4. Same thing happened, it wanted to land where it was hovering instead of returning to the launch pad. I'd like to add, I also tried out Precision take off in which I flew manually with the RC over 250' both vertically and horizontally. I held the RTH button on the RC until it started beeping. The MA returned flawlessly. This seems to be the only mode that RTH actually worked. Does RTH work in SmartCapture and/or manual modes? If it does, could someone please point out to me what I may be doing wrong?

2)
No 4K Video: I realize that SmartCapture in video mode reverts to 1920 x 1080. With that being said, I thought I read somewhere that you can revert back to 4K while in the SmartCapture modes. I tried and the 4k option wasn't even available in the menu. Are we stuck in 1920 x 1080 in the SmartCapture modes?

This newbie would sincerely appreciate it if I could get some answers of what or anything I may be doing wrong. I'm also spending a lot of time practicing in manual mode as well. Thanks, Ray :)

I was out practicing today with SmartCapture which went really well with exception of a couple things;

1)
RTH: I used the RC method and upon takeoff the RC stated that the home point has been updated. I do not have it set to RTH to the remote location. When I hold the RTH button on the remote the RC states that it's landing. It lands but, wherever it may be hovering. I manually landed it just before touchdown on my launch pad. I started over again, received the RTH updated voice again. This time I tried by tapping on the RTH on the screen within DGI Go4. Same thing happened, it landed where it was hovering instead of returning to the launch pad. I'd like to add, I also tried out Precision take off in which I flew manually with the RC over 250' both vertically and horizontally. I held the RTH button on the RC until it started beeping. The MA returned flawlessly. This seems to be the only mode that RTH actually worked. Does RTH work in SmartCapture and manual modes? If it does, could someone please point out to me what I may be doing wrong?

2)
No 4K Video: I realize that SmartCapture in video mode reverts to 1920 x 1080. With that being said, I thought I read somewhere that you can revert back to 4K while in the SmartCapture modes. I tried and the 4k option wasn't even available in the menu. Are we stuck in 1920 x 1080 in the SmartCapture modes?

This newbie would sincerely appreciate it if I could get some answers of what or anything I may be doing wrong. I'm also spending a lot of time practicing in manual mode as well. Thanks, Ray :)
Have you checked that the MA is set to come home & land if you manually select RTH? It has 3 options: Come home (your take off position) & land, Hover or Land where it is when you press RTH

Have you checked that the MA is set to come home & land if you manually select RTH? It has 3 options: Come home (your take off position) & land, Hover or Land where it is when you press RTH

Thanks for the help.... In the advance settings, I do have it set; Remote Control Signal Lost "Return-To-Home"

Sorry, my mistake - as you say, that’s for auto RTH if you lose signal

Are we stuck on both things that I mentioned?
That really SUCK'S........ As for the RTH, I know learning in manual is the upmost important thing to learn..... and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. At least I know now that RTH doesn't work in SmartCapture. Now I don't quite understand why it announces the RTH has been updated in SmartCapture......
As for the format, that's really a shame that it doesn't capture 4k, I try to do everything in 4k as possible simply due to giving me room in FCPX to play with. I haven't had much of a chance yet to play with QuickShots. I heard that they could be shot in 4K but, you need to revert to it once you select which one you want to use. I hope that's the case......which looks to be a P.I.A. It's really too bad that you just can't set it and forget it when it comes to formats. Thanks for the help. Ray :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143