DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH landing position accuracy

maikm

Reactions
Hi,

I am diappointed by the RTH landing position accuracy. Best case it lands half a meter next to the spot, worst case it descends onto a tree standing 3 meters away. So far I always had to cancel and land myself, and I can only hope I never have a remote disconnect.

I have both M2 Pro and M2 Zoom, and it happens with both. Also with the new firmware from a few days ago.

Landing accuracy was always flawless with the original Mavic Pro 1.

What’s your experience?

Maik

Reactions: KiterTodd
There are about a dozen threads on this already since the MP2 has been out for almost two months.

This isn't a problem if you have a remote disconnect, unless you pass out or die before it lands. Just cancel auto landing and land it manually.

There are about a dozen threads on this already since the MP2 has been out for almost two months.

Sorry, I searched by several keywords like landing, rth, accuracy, and found none, also not by scrolling back a few days.

This isn't a problem if you have a remote disconnect, unless you pass out or die before it lands. Just cancel auto landing and land it manually.

How can you cancel the auto landing if the remote has lost the connection to the aircraft?

Reactions: KiterTodd
Sorry, I searched by several keywords like landing, rth, accuracy, and found none, also not by scrolling back a few days.

How can you cancel the auto landing if the remote has lost the connection to the aircraft?
As it gets closer to you, it will reconnect with the controller. You can always cancel auto RTH either by pushing the red X on the app, or simply pushing the RTH button on the controller. (maybe twice, I'd have to verify that.)

With the old MP i had 1 disconnect where it simply refused to reconnect to the RC even when a few metres away.

The drone returned home and precision landed exactly where it took off. If that happens with my M2 theres a good chance the drone will end up in the water or a tree.

Keep on Beta testing 'till DJI get it right!!
Then I might buy one!!!

If that happens with my M2 theres a good chance the drone will end up in the water or a tree.
No problem ... just launch from a spot with a couple of metres clear space around it.

Reactions: Simmo
There's no clothing that you can wash in your HE Front Loader that you can't pull off in your kitchen sink. Improve your hand and arm strength and use your highly functional sink. It will improve your dexterity and get you more intimately familiar with the state of your wardrobe.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...you see where I"m going. Precision RTH was/is a useful technological advance and its removal/omission is curious with what should be a steady march forward in ease of use technology. I don't give a rat's arse if someone can land on a dime with one hand and blindfolded...there's no debating the fact that having precision landing both works and that it does make things better. It's all a bunch of talk for nothing anyway. Supposedly they're going to reintroduce it again, so then this isssue just...**POOF***...goes away.

There's no clothing that you can wash in your HE Front Loader that you can't pull off in your kitchen sink. Improve your hand and arm strength and use your highly functional sink. It will improve your dexterity and get you more intimately familiar with the state of your wardrobe.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...you see where I"m going. Precision RTH was/is a useful technological advance and its removal/omission is curious with what should be a steady march forward in ease of use technology. I don't give a rat's arse if someone can land on a dime with one hand and blindfolded...there's no debating the fact that having precision landing both works and that it does make things better. It's all a bunch of talk for nothing anyway. Supposedly they're going to reintroduce it again, so then this isssue just...**POOF***...goes away.
Agree with you 100%

...I do wish they'd hurry up with that reintroduction of the feature. Though. I wonder where it is on their priority list.

No problem ... just launch from a spot with a couple of metres clear space around it.

Great. Rules out pretty much all useful launch locations in many areas. Finding a 6m radius area thats totally flat, no grass, no metal, no overhead cables, no lamposts, no grass or weeds over a few inches long, no rocks.
Hardly seems worthwhile owning a small portable drone if you need a landing and takeoff area the size of a manned helicopter to operate from.

I do most of my flying out in the bush so I normally bring the drone back to me and hover about 3’ high . Once it is in a hover I land it onto my hand . This time of year the wild grass is a couple feet high . I don’t plan on taking a weedwacker with me . I have enough stuff in and on my SXS already .
f8433a8cd88cd41ff29f2e6d5462aea7.jpg