DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Obstacle Check - defeated by the sun (potential bad situation)

That works. There is a Youtube video somewhere of a guy doing a speed test with OA on vs OA off (non sport mode) and he got approximately the numbers I quoted. I did a similar test and got similar results.

I tried it today. There is indeed a significant speed difference with OA off. Nice to keep discovering new things about the drone.

I think I will keep mine on for now though, I can just fly in sport mode if I need more speed and if I get into trouble quickly switch OA on by going back to normal mode. I prefer the quick hardware button instead of having to navigate through menus.

I was wondering about this too. Especially in a low battery situation with total signal loss. At that point, no way to turn off sensors and it would be ascending. Yikes.

I was wondering about this too. Especially in a low battery situation with total signal loss. At that point, no way to turn off sensors and it would be ascending. Yikes.

Within the RTH menu you can turn off OA for RTH while leaving it on for the rest of the flight. That is my recommendation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs