DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH on outward flight path

bandit6

Reactions
i am interested in creating a forced return to home flight path based on the outbound flight path. has anyone done this?

i am interested in creating a forced return to home flight path based on the outbound flight path. has anyone done this?
you don't have a choice,if RTH is activated it is direct line back to take off point
Not necessarily.
The OP didn't mention which Mavic he has but the Mavic 2 does not always RTH straight home.

From the Mavic 2 manual:
When Failsafe RTH is activated, the aircraft starts to retrace its original flight route home.
If the remote control signal is re-established within 60 seconds of Failsafe RTH being activated, the aircraft hovers at its present location for 10 seconds and waits for pilot commands.
The user may tap in the DJI GO 4 or press the RTH button on the remote controller to cancel Failsafe RTH and retake control.
If no pilot command is given, the aircraft flies to the Home Point in a straight line.
If the remote control signal is still lost 60 seconds after activating Failsafe RTH, the aircraft stops retracing its original flight route and flies to the home point in a straight line.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Wow there's a whole lot of what ifs there...
Like deciding on a straight line from an unknown point????
Including the possibility of a crash... On the way home

Wow there's a whole lot of what ifs there...
Like deciding on a straight line from an unknown point????
Including the possibility of a crash... On the way home

"return to home flight path based on the outbound flight path "

"return to home flight path based on the outbound flight path "

manual states that the loss of controller signal will result in only 60 seconds of retraced flight. Followed by a straight path to home. So take care with setting the correct return altitude

Would Litchi do kinda what you want? Set a waypoint mission and use waypoints on the return trip that are close to your outbound flight.

Litchi is a different animal -...

But with all apps - the Firmware of the Drone remains the same -

FUll loss of signal may react as DJI says...

BUT on litchi theres a SMart return to home function - which Operates based on connection to the RC - and should climb to Max RTH and return straight... when Loss of signal

If you disable that - Litchi will CONTINUE its Path WITHOUT SIGNAL - and only enter RTH if the Remainder of the path is FURTHER than the Minimum battery power to RTH.

If Litchi sees that there is only the minimum Battery power to return home - … THen it will enter the Normal RTH based on Minimum Battery power.

On Litchi - the default is to return to home straight

Litchi is a different animal -...

But with all apps - the Firmware of the Drone remains the same -

FUll loss of signal may react as DJI says...

BUT on litchi theres a SMart return to home function - which Operates based on connection to the RC - and should climb to Max RTH and return straight... when Loss of signal

If you disable that - Litchi will CONTINUE its Path WITHOUT SIGNAL - and only enter RTH if the Remainder of the path is FURTHER than the Minimum battery power to RTH.

If Litchi sees that there is only the minimum Battery power to return home - … THen it will enter the Normal RTH based on Minimum Battery power.

On Litchi - the default is to return to home straight

I'm not saying using RTH. I am saying using waypoints that are set really close to the outbound waypoints. litchi will continue on its programmed mission even if connection is lost, I think. It's as close to a forced RTH as possible.

thanks all to comments. my mission is a bvlos flight, but my customer wants the aircraft to return via the right away if we have an emergency situation. that is why i am researching this. all of my BVLOS flights are completed using UgCS.

Thanks in advance for any comments or assistance.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom