DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Problems.

Alrenko

Reactions
Good day,
I have recently bought the mini 2 and I am having some problems with the RTH.I I keep getting a warning saying that because I am less than 20 meters from the home-point(actually 300 feet away) therefore it will not auto-land using the RTH button on the controller but will land using the auto land button on my tablet screen,although this was not very accurate and I manually landed the mini 2,thanks,
Al.

What was the indicated distance showing in the app when you triggered the RTH? Did the warning show up immediately? If not was this a continuous RTH or did you interrupt it?Have you tried RTHing from various distances including just outside the 20m circle? If so is there any difference in the behaviour? Have you tried a different location (I doubt this should cause a difference but......) ?

What was the indicated distance showing in the app when you triggered the RTH? Did the warning show up immediately? Have you tried RTHing from various distances including just outside the 20m circle? If so is there any difference in the behaviour? Have you tried a different location (I doubt this should cause Thanks

What was the indicated distance showing in the app when you triggered the RTH? Did the warning show up immediately? If not was this a continuous RTH or did you interrupt it?Have you tried RTHing from various distances including just outside the 20m circle? If so is there any difference in the behaviour? Have you tried a different location (I doubt this should cause a difference but......) ?
Thanks for your response,the warning showed up immediately after pressing the RTH button on the controller where I was at 300 feet,set the RTH height for 100 feet,but was telling me I was less than 20 meters from the home point.I initated the RTH on my tablet which the mini then accepted,but was some way off from the homepoint so I cancelled and landed manually.I have been flying the Mavic AIR 2 before acquiring the mini 2.I swapped controllers but this made no difference,Also I have tried a quick shot circle with the mini 2,It done the 3-2-1 countdown but just hovered,I have tried different frequencies but still having the same RTH problem,although I have only flown from my yard,so tomorrow weather permitting I shall take it to a more open space and try from there.

pressing the RTH button on the controller where I was at 300 feet .. but was telling me I was less than 20 meters from the home point. ... I initated the RTH on my tablet which the mini then accepted,but was some way off from the homepoint
Perhaps your recorded homepoint was the issue?
If you were impatient to launch and went before the drone had recorded its homepoint, it will have recorded one as you flew away from where you were standing.

Test again and this time, check the distance showing in the screen rather than just thinking the drone was 300 ft away.

I had a similar thing but concluded that the 20m is radius not height, when I tired again being further away in distance it worked for me..

Perhaps your recorded homepoint was the issue?
If you were impatient to launch and went before the drone had recorded its homepoint, it will have recorded one as you flew away from where you were standing.

Test again and this time, check the distance showing in the screen rather than just thinking the drone was 300 ft away.
I shall have go again tomorrow weather permitting,thanks for your response.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs