DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH

minipro3

Reactions
I took a flight this morning and when I was about 2200 ft out my screen said " lost reception ,no transmission " and the screen showed the last view before reception stopped. . It was my understanding that after 10 seconds of lost reception it would automatically RTH. I waited for about 30 seconds and nothing changed. As I walked around I got transmission back and hit RTH. The screen showed enough satellites, but the signal strength was poor, 1 bar. I hit RTH when I lost transmission, but obviously because there is no reception, the RC is not going to trigger RTH. Should I have waited longer and see what happens when I loose reception ?

To understand better RTH check this video tutorial that I made.

There is an option on the setting to set the RTH on disconnection behavior. You can set it to RTH, Hover, or Land. Also, make sure you hear the message "The home point has been updated" before leaving the take-off position.

Last edited:
Reactions: minipro3
There is an option on the setting to set the RTH behavior. You can set it to RTH, Hover, or Land. Also, make sure you hear the message "The home point has been updated" before leaving the take-off position.
Home point was set and RTH set to come to home point

Posting your flight logs may shed some light on the issue.

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

• Post your flight data to get help
  • Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
  • Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
  • That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
  • Come back and post a link to the report it provides.
You are also welcome to just post the txt file here.

Upload and view DJI Phantom, Mavic, and Spark flight logs online

@Meta4 and @slup are great at offering explanations from the data.

If you hit RTH you may not have an indication, but if you hit it again, it will cancel the command.

Yes , I pressed and held the button to activate RTH

I've never uploaded a flight log, but will try

Reactions: MA2 317
NO idea how to upload flight logs to phone or computer, can view them on drone, but that's as far as I can get.

So in the manual it says that if you lose signal strength for 3 seconds the drone initiates a RTH.

NO idea how to upload flight logs to phone or computer, can view them on drone, but that's as far as I can get.

So in the manual it says that if you lose signal strength for 3 seconds the drone initiates a RTH.
The instructions are in the link I provided in Post #6

I would also be useful if you stated which drone you had, RTH behaviours vary with drone model. Your handle suggests something but it need not be correct besides there is no minipro32

I hit RTH when I lost transmission, but obviously because there is no reception, the RC is not going to trigger RTH. Should I have waited longer and see what happens when I loose reception ?
It's a good idea to practise with RTH out in the open so you understand how it works, how to initiate it and how it works when signal is lost.
When you are needing it to work, is probably the worst time to start learning how it works.

If you post the recorded flight data, someone might have a chance to help you.
But otherwise you are only going to have people making guesses (which are most likely to be quite wrong).

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.
Or just post the .txt file here.

It's a good idea to practise with RTH out in the open so you understand how it works, how to initiate it and how it works when signal is lost.
When you are needing it to work, is probably the worst time to start learning how it works.

If you post the recorded flight data, someone might have a chance to help you.
But otherwise you are only going to have people making guesses (which are most likely to be quite wrong).

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.
Or just post the .txt file here.
I am flying the MiniPro 3

I tried the directions in the link in post #6 and it makes no sense to me

I also have used RTH enough times and have practiced it, but this was a new issue that I can't figure out

Uploading a flight log may be easy for you pros, but try to put your self back in your shoes when you were in your first month flying and someone tells you to upload your flight log. Might not seem so easy ! The directions to do that in the link are not clear to a novice.

Maybe there's someone out there that would be open to talking on phone to help with some issues, to walk me thru ??

Then try reading the instructions again slowly ... I can't make them any simpler.
If you just say that they make no sense to you, it's hard to give you any assistance.
Believe me , I've tried. Somethings not working right. Or I'm missing something. Can't get logs to iPhone

Uploading a flight log may be easy for you pros, but try to put your self back in your shoes when you were in your first month flying and someone tells you to upload your flight log. Might not seem so easy ! The directions to do that in the link are not clear to a novice.
Believe me , I've tried. Somethings not working right. Or I'm missing something. Can't get logs to iPhone

The Logs are stored on your phone or controller. You are not trying to put them there.

Step one of the process is to determine what device you are using as a screen when you fly. Is it an Android or Apple or is it one of DJI's controllers with built in screen?

Which of the three underlined above is what you use to fly?

Reactions: SeaPig and GFields
The Logs are stored on your phone or controller. You are not trying to put them there.

Step one of the process is to determine what device you are using as a screen when you fly. Is it an Android or Apple or is it one of DJI's controllers with built in screen?

Which of the three underlined above is what you use to fly?
I am using built in screen on RC.

AH! Then the flight logs are in your remote. Click on this link and follow the instructions - once you are on that page you will have to scroll down as you follow each instruction.
I've gone thru this process multiple times today.

I get stuck at #11. here is pic of RC screen at step 11. And... I do have a sd card in controller

No option to choose DJI RC, but there was earlier :oops:
IMG_0056.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair