DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

rubber/silicone motor protectors ?

ninja_geezer

Reactions
Anyone found or used rubber/silicone motor protectors ?
found some for the mavic air but to small. i transport the MA2 folded with no props attached ,(i like to fit and examine before fitting and flying) i find the spindles catch the case i use badly and these simple caps would stop this and protect them.

Concerns about protecting the spindles is the reason I leave the props on my M2P ( I have the DJI soft case)
An alternative to caps might be the hubs of any knackered props that you have.

Concerns about protecting the spindles is the reason I leave the props on my M2P ( I have the DJI soft case)
An alternative to caps might be the hubs of any knackered props that you have.
good idea ,just need some knackered props ....anyone lol.?

@ninja_geezer i have used them first on my phantom, and now on my MPP, they are good for keeping particles out of the motors when it not in use

Reactions: ninja_geezer
another reason for removing the props during periods of none use is to enable the prop hubs to be checked for damage ,and the fact that when the props are attached to the drone ,the spring is under constant tension ,but much less so when they are removed

Walking stick bottoms?

Hmmm good point OMM.
mmm not bad idea will have to have a look in local stores see if i can find any the correct size.

Reactions: old man mavic
there are loads on the web they are drone specific as the motors tend to be different diameters depending on the model

there are loads on the web they are drone specific as the motors tend to be different diameters depending on the model
just ordered 4 off amazon to try,i think they are designed for furniture.

Try Ebay and search for "mavic air 2 motor cap"

I saw plenty for the Mavic Air, but not the 2. I don't know if they are the same size.

Reactions: old man mavic
Try Ebay and search for "mavic air 2 motor cap"

I saw plenty for the Mavic Air, but not the 2. I don't know if they are the same size.
yeah i tried that searched everywhere ,i got a set for the mavic air but too small.see how the amazon rubber caps fit.

Anyone found or used rubber/silicone motor protectors ?
found some for the mavic air but to small. i transport the MA2 folded with no props attached ,(i like to fit and examine before fitting and flying) i find the spindles catch the case i use badly and these simple caps would stop this and protect them.

... and the fact that when the props are attached to the drone ,the spring is under constant tension ,but much less so when they are removed
Industrial springs in nearly all applications, from the ones on your automobile to the ones in your ballpoint pen, are designed to maintain constant tension with no ill effects over many, many years. There are reasons to protect the inner workings of the motor, but spring tension isn’t one of them.

Good reason to keep the foam rubbers that protect the spindles when initially delivered. Not sure how long they would last but seem to do the job adequately.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
I used the silicon covers on my Phantom 3. They are handy for keeping dust and debris out of the motors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan