DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rules In France, Italy and Switzerland, Tour du Mont Blanc trail

jedrekd

Reactions
Hello,

Next Saturday I am going on holidays to hike Tour du Mont Blanc trail loop and I am brining by Mavic Air 2S drone with me. The trail goes through France, Italy and Switzerland. Where can I register my flight when in those countries? Is there any app? Also where can I check the fly zones and no-fly zones on the area of this trail? Thank you in advance.

Jędrzej

Just came back from Italy. Drones are only permitted if they are registered in Italy & you pay a fee & take a drone exam. Not allowed near historical sites & all of Italy is a historical site. I left mine at home. Big fines if you get caught without proper permit.

Reactions: Dronecation
Saw this thread too late to provide help. But I took my Air 2S to Switzerland in April, on a ski trip. I did my Swiss test before leaving, and affixed my pilot ID number to the drone as required under the regulations. Switzerland has a helpful app for their airspace restrictions, and I was able to get some flying done (not as much as I wanted, far too much drama with the kids learning to ski). One major requirement in the EU is insurance, so look into coverage (for next time I guess).

This answer is too late for the OP, but I thought I would post it here for anyone else searching for the information.

===========
I just registered my drone and took the exam to be a registered operator in France. The EU says that you do not need to register in each country but only the first country you fly in. If you are doing the TDMB, you are likely going to be starting from Chamonix and will fly in France first.

Here is the page to both register your drone and yourself as a pilot. It didn't cost me anything but you do need to go through a guided training web class. You will get two certificates, one for the drone and one for yourself. Put the registration numbers from both onto your drone.
Connexion | AlphaTango

Here is on online map that shows you where you can and can not fly. This is critical as there are many restricted areas.
Géoportail

Reactions: beroe

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne