DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RUST ON MAVIC MINI

alienpilot

Reactions
Hi,

My mavic mini has a little bit rust on screws of the arms. Should I worry about this?

Screenshot_20210206_152748_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Good eye. They make stuff to clean and prevent that. Better get on it.

Reactions: alienpilot
Good eye. They make stuff to clean and prevent that. Better get on it.

What should I do? WD40? Maybe I should wait a while. If rust increases, I'm thinking of replacing the screw with a new one. Do you have any better suggestions?

If you're really concerned ( I wouldn't be) just use a light emery cloth and then you could use a dab of grey modeling paint

Because the hardware like screws isn't that expensive, I would replace the screws. At this stage, it's not a problem, but replacing them now makes sure it never becomes a problem.

Any idea what caused the rust?

Because the hardware like screws isn't that expensive, I would replace the screws. At this stage, it's not a problem, but replacing them now makes sure it never becomes a problem.

Any idea what caused the rust?

Moisture. I live close to the sea.

I will use silica gel to remove the moisture. If rust still increases, I'm thinking of replacing the screw with a new one or just using the WD40 to remove rust on the screw and use the WD40 after each flight to prevent rust.

Last edited:
Screws are treated against it (galvanized or coated). What happened to it is sea air combined with salt. It's pretty common. Here's a link that might explain: https://pomametals.com/salt-air-inland-distance-for-metal/

You can exchange them, but it is very likely that it will happen again. There is no danger to the Mini, however Rust will color your plastic and it will become visible, stained on the plastic around.

I have the same issue on the plate that the front prop arms pivot on. I just hit it with a soft wire brush and put a little WD40 on it. I find that you have to wipe these guys down after use. That air may look clean but there's all kinds of stuff out there.

Reactions: shaneb50
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d